Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

27-07-2012, 09:13 AM

Re: Animal Experimentation

Try telling those living after having gone through the traumas of cancer, or other severe life threatening diseases whether animals should be used to be experimented on, I think you'll find them all extremely grateful they did.

The sin of animal experimentation is the vanity of women wanting perfumes etc, stuffed puffed in animals eyes to see if it makes them blind, just so's a woman can mask a smell that a good wash with soap and water cure. The sin is Tobacco companies puffing moer smoke up a dogs nose in week than the average smoker would inhale in a life time, just to see if a bloody filter works as good as the last one.

Be realistc, you can't use human experiments on things that could possibly kill you whilst in the process of being produced, because no matter what you say, it's murder, animals HAVE to be used, sad though it may be, and if it meant one hundred rats dying in order to save my Grandchild, I wouldn't blink an eyelid.
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

27-07-2012, 10:59 AM

Beat me to it Jonsey..........says it all!.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

27-07-2012, 01:47 PM

I don't approve of the use of animals for experiments for make-up and such like but I seriously believe that a huge number of people wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for the progress made in medical science with more than a little help from animal experimentation. I agree with the two previous posters...........anyone who has taken advantage of the treatments available for serious illnesses should be grateful that this method is there instead of getting all hot under the collar about the animals involved. The lives of animals is a small price to pay to save the lives of humans in my opinion.

And just for the record, I do like animals, I'm not some kind of animal hater but I happen to think human life is just a little bit more precious and more relevant than the life of some unknown animal.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 03:25 PM

I'm sure there are as many "for" as there are "against" but this is an interesting article:

http://aerzte-gegen-tierversuche.de/...-not-necessary
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

27-07-2012, 03:45 PM

If animal expermintation could be resolved by using other means do you not think the drug companies etc would have gone down that road??

There are aLWAYS two or three sides to EVERY arguement, I am neither in favour or anti animals being used in worthwhile life saving drugs, I am totally anti against animals , ( and i hate rats with a vengeance) being used to enhance the vanity of man/woman, or the use of animals in the tobacco industry.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 12:26 AM

Well, I am going to experiment on a large piece of cow this evening, medium rare I think.

Yum! My mouth is watering all ready.

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Sureley the drugs being tested are for humans so use Humans. There must be a whole Load of Peodophiles in Prison
Always worry when people advocate this sort of thing, it's the company they keep.
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

28-07-2012, 09:49 AM

I quote >>>>>>>>>>>>>Sureley the drugs being tested are for humans so use Humans. There must be a whole Load of Peodophiles in Prison >>>>>>> End of quote

By all means lets test drugs on these types, I'm sure the tree hugging civil/ human rights brigades would have a field getting them released from prison because they had been abused.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jonsey ->
By all means lets test drugs on these types, I'm sure the tree hugging civil/ human rights brigades would have a field getting them released from prison because they had been abused.
I would hope so. The punishment for their crime is imprisonment, not being experimented upon. Let's leave that sort of behaviour to Josef Mengele and his ilk. The veneer of civilisation is obviously very thin in some places even today.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 06:36 PM

While I hate the thought of kittens with their eyelids sewn shut for the purposes of experimentation, I'm also uncomfortable seeing a truckload of cattle on the highway and realizing they're heading for an abbatoir... yet that feeling is absent when I cook up beef for dinner.

We seem to accept the fact that meat, fish and poultry are farmed and raised for the table.

If young veal calves were used for the eye experiment instead of kittens, and then slaughtered, would that be newsworthy?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 10:13 PM

We have always seen animals as a means to an end. They have been used to feed, clothe, work, amuse, and more recently help with our health needs.
Even our pets serve a purpose, they fill a need in us, the need to love and be loved.
I do not like seeing any animal treated in a cruel manner but I think animal experimentation is a necessary evil.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top