Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 08:50 PM

Re: Bewildered, annoyed and bloody fuming!!!

I have an ex council house and I love the house but both neighbours are tenants. One side is an elderly lady who never goes out unless with carers and lots of different people go in to her so she is well looked after. She is no trouble but I never see her to talk to. One of her shrubs does sometimes spread over and I just trim the branches that are in my way over my side. There has never been any trouble with her and I think she is in poor health so has other things to worry about. The other side are the neighbours from hell as far as I am concerned. She shouts at her kids all the time with swearing and a common as muck voice. Council trash and I have complained to the council but nothing is done. I just ignore them as I think this is the best way now. This is the second ex council house I have owned. The first I had lovely neighbours one private and one a tenant so you can never tell but I don't think my next house will be an ex council house as I have been put off now. I really hope that when I retire and move I will have neighbours that I can at least pass the time of day with.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 10:40 PM

Buying an house that isn't an ex council house wont solve your neighbour problem Dog Lover.
it's just luck who you get living near you.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 07:44 AM

Thats true Jimmy but I still think that bad council tenants are the worst you can get. I will just put up with her until the time comes. My house should be on the market early next year if all goes to plan.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

27-07-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
The other side are the neighbours from hell as far as I am concerned. She shouts at her kids all the time with swearing and a common as muck voice. Council trash and I have complained to the council but nothing is done. I just ignore them as I think this is the best way now.
That's a bit of a generalisation Dog Lover........COUNCIL TRASH - I'm a council tenant and my next door neighbour sounds very much like yours. She spends all day shouting and swearing at her grandchildren who live with her most of the time and then when they go in the house, they clatter about making a heck of a racket till 11.30 at night. But the thing is, she owns her house.................so does that make my neighbour council trash as well..........or would you attach that label to me since I'm the one that rents and she's a home owner.

I'm sorry to say the term 'Council Trash' smacks of snobbery to me.
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 06:53 PM

I have an ex council house and I love the house but both neighbours are tenants. One side is an elderly lady who never goes out unless with carers and lots of different people go in to her so she is well looked after. She is no trouble but I never see her to talk to. One of her shrubs does sometimes spread over and I just trim the branches that are in my way over my side. There has never been any trouble with her and I think she is in poor health so has other things to worry about. The other side are the neighbours from hell as far as I am concerned. She shouts at her kids all the time with swearing and a common as muck voice. Council trash and I have complained to the council but nothing is done. I just ignore them as I think this is the best way now. This is the second ex council house I have owned. The first I had lovely neighbours one private and one a tenant so you can never tell but I don't think my next house will be an ex council house as I have been put off now. I really hope that when I retire and move I will have neighbours that I can at least pass the time of day with.
I live on an estate it isn't council owned (Place for People) but still an estate and to be honest have had no trouble with neighbours at all until now. I rent my house and so does my (not speaking) neighbour she isn't rough by any means just silly and fanatical about her garden and property (which isn't hers anyway), but in general they are decent people.

Still doesn't change the fact that whatever has upset her will never be forgiven...........oh I am sooooooooo worried! lol. Unfortunately, you can't pick your neighbours whether council or private their is always a ethnic minority in the woods!! But I do understand how you feel.
The Dog Lover
Watford

28-07-2012, 04:44 PM

I am not against council tenants in principle but I think that if you get a bad one they are the worst because they have no pride in their house and no consideration for their neighbours either. Their front garden is always a mess, luckily due to a high fence I can't see the back. Their dog barks all the time and is rarely taken for a walk. They are not suitable people to have a dog but since I can't prove actual cruelty I have nothing to go to the RSPCA about. All in all they are horrid people. I had a very nice neighbour who was a council tenant when I lived in Kent. I just ignore mouth almighty next door and don't talk to her. Can't wait to move away from her.
Just a Lady
New Member!
England, UK
Just a Lady is female 

28-07-2012, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Kath, I'm just the same as you. I hate confrontation and avoid it wherever possible because I'm of a sensitive nature as well and do get upset easily. However, having said that, I won't be brow-beaten and Jimmy is absolutely right about trimming back and stuff, but this problem is obviously deeper than that, through no fault of your own. It sounds to me like they felt "superior" when they had a nicer garden than you, but for some weird reason now resent you.

I would do as others have suggested and next time you see them over the garden fence, smile, say hello, how are you, your garden looks lovely then, if you get a scowl as your reward, then shrug your shoulders, smile again, then ignore them and just don't "see" them in future. It's their loss, not yours.

Always remember that brilliant Northern saying, Kath. There's nowt as queer as folk.
That's a quote I learnt here That's what makes people interesting--never know what to expect!!!
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

28-07-2012, 10:00 PM

I am not against council tenants in principle but I think that if you get a bad one they are the worst because they have no pride in their house and no consideration for their neighbours either. Their front garden is always a mess, luckily due to a high fence I can't see the back. Their dog barks all the time and is rarely taken for a walk. They are not suitable people to have a dog but since I can't prove actual cruelty I have nothing to go to the RSPCA about. All in all they are horrid people. I had a very nice neighbour who was a council tenant when I lived in Kent. I just ignore mouth almighty next door and don't talk to her. Can't wait to move away from her.

You have a fair enough point about your neighbour and I reckon she's probably related to mine but I still can't quite understand why you felt it necessary to refer to her as 'Council Trash'. Council tenants are not all like her as you probably know and folk like her are not all council tenants.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 08:39 PM

I would not bother woth them any more
The Dog Lover
Watford

31-07-2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
I would not bother woth them any more
I ignore them all the time pixie but I still have to put up with the screaming and shouting. Sometimes it is impossible to enjoy my garden. Oh well the end is in sight. Retirement and selling to move next year I hope

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top