Join for free
Page 8 of 46 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 01:02 AM

Re: Sarah Everard

Originally Posted by Suedonim ->
Ah, so it was her own fault she was murdered, because she crossed a park on her own?
Excuse me ! I find your tone aggressive and your question not worthy of an answer . Please don’t use that old chestnut of a line to find fault with what I said .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 02:19 AM

Ah, so it was her own fault she was murdered, because she crossed a park on her own?
It's an unsafe area at night for both men and women. Well known for crime. She was walking from Leathwaite Road to Brixton where she lived. I don't think they have CCTV of her being on the common itself. Just on the A road. Looking at the map the straightest route between the two points would have been on the road.

https://www.mylondon.news/news/south...worth-16588873

I think that they knew each other or he knew her or of her. Must have been stalking her.
Suedonim
UK
Suedonim is female 

13-03-2021, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Excuse me ! I find your tone aggressive and your question not worthy of an answer . Please don’t use that old chestnut of a line to find fault with what I said .
Maybe look to your own victim-blaming words first.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 03:16 AM

Maybe look to your own victim-blaming words first.
It's not unreasonable to ask why she was visiting a friend's house during lockdown. That's why she was walking home at 9pm. It could have given the police suspect a reason to stop her. I don't think this incident would have happened if we did not have lockdown in place. It's not that she needed the bubble support of her friend when her own boyfriend lived close to her. Of course none of these questions are being posed because of the furore.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 07:47 AM

Maybe he approached her as a police officer and she felt safe getting into his car. Such a tragedy....poor family too.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 10:46 AM

To say it happens to men as well is minimising what women endure. Men might think this or that area is dodgy and avoid it but women have to think about these things *all the time*, not just now and again.

Today on The World at One it was said that in a survey, one third of girls had been sexually harassed in co-Ed schools by boys. One third! Either a few boys are very busy or there are many boys who have no respect for females.

Read this article about a woman being harassed whilst picking her child up from school. Not ‘provocatively’ dressed, day time, other people around, with a child.

Has any man ever been subjected to this kind of behaviour?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e_iOSApp_Other
Obviously not all women think like that all the time Suedonim, otherwise they wouldn't risk putting themselves in great danger.
And it may surprise you to learn, that most men find members of the opposite sex very attractive and might express this through a whistle or comment. Not necessarily harassment, only to the more sensitive or paranoid. I must add though, that there will always be one or two blokes who are mentally deranged freaks and give all men a bad name....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Maybe he approached her as a police officer and she felt safe getting into his car. Such a tragedy....poor family too.
I know we shouldn't speculate but I wondered the same thing, did a 'police officer' see a young woman out alone at night during lockdown and use that to question her, offer her a lift home having given a false level of security.

I would never accept a lift from a stranger but meeting a police officer and someone making you feel you have done something wrong even if you haven't can make you behave differently and drop your guard.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Obviously not all women think like that all the time Suedonim, otherwise they wouldn't risk putting themselves in great danger.
And it may surprise you to learn, that most men find members of the opposite sex very attractive and might express this through a whistle or comment. Not necessarily harassment, only to the more sensitive or paranoid. I must add though, that there will always be one or two blokes who are mentally deranged freaks and give all men a bad name....
I don't understand why men think this behaviour is ok though? I have been reading stories of this kind of thing happening to women - who ignore it, and it escalates into sometimes quite aggressive behaviour from the man, because he feels that his whistle or comment should have been appreciated with a response like a smile, not ignored.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 10:54 AM

It certainly didn't help matters did it Suedonim?
I tend to agree with Annie, and I think they probably knew each other. Perhaps an infatuation by the policeman, or a previous affair...Could that be why the police went straight to him as a suspect. I think the flashing incident was just a smokescreen.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-03-2021, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I don't understand why men think this behaviour is ok though? I have been reading stories of this kind of thing happening to women - who ignore it, and it escalates into sometimes quite aggressive behaviour from the man, because he feels that his whistle or comment should have been appreciated with a response like a smile, not ignored.
Very rare in my experience Pixie (not that I go around whistling at girls anymore Mrs Fox would have my guts for garters)
In the pit village where I grew up, the girls were worse than the boys, and would give as much as they got....In fact......Some were quite fearsome!.. Most of the time I would consider it just banter, the same as you see on the forum occasionally.

Page 8 of 46 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top