Join for free
Page 98 of 164 « First < 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 09:19 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Own up Bob, you are just scared of needles.
You've sussed me out Mags.......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by oldgreyfox ->
you've sussed me out mags.......
:-d:-d:-d
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This was in controlled trials.

It's not the body that counteracts medication OGF. It's pathogens that learn to outwit the vaccines and medicines. The human body has a great ability to repair itself. We take a lot of vaccine effectiveness for granted e.g. tetanus. How many people have you met who have survived lockjaw?

Yes we all die eventually but hopefully not of a preventable disease.
I disagree Annie, overuse of some medication (especially painkillers) means the dose has to be constantly upped to give the same level of efficiency. There are some people who have been bitten by snakes that many times that their bodies can withstand a dose that would be lethal to a normal person.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
What a wimp...

Well, let's be honest. Professional footballers spend their lives rolling on the floor, don't they?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 10:14 PM

I’ve just learned on a local community forum that a good few people in my town that have had the AstraVeneca vaccine this week are or have been quite ill .
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I’ve just learned on a local community forum that a good few people in my town that have had the AstraVeneca vaccine this week are or have been quite ill .
I read a report saying younger people had more side effects than older people. I had my first Astra Veneca vaccine round about the same time as many of my friends and I have yet to hear of any of them who had any bad reaction. In the same report it said the second dose was milder.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I read a report saying younger people had more side effects than older people. I had my first Astra Veneca vaccine round about the same time as many of my friends and I have yet to hear of any of them who had any bad reaction. In the same report it said the second dose was milder.
The ones I posted about will have been the 50-55 yr olds this week.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I disagree Annie, overuse of some medication (especially painkillers) means the dose has to be constantly upped to give the same level of efficiency. There are some people who have been bitten by snakes that many times that their bodies can withstand a dose that would be lethal to a normal person.

Ok that is different and about tolerance caused by the body going into autopilot because you give it an artificial crutch. As for snakes whatever doesn't kill you can also kill you next time.

I was talking about antibiotics or vaccines which work to fight bacteria or viruses. If you have a local infection the rest of the body can live without antibiotics for a long time but you will feel really rough for most of that time and your infection may spread to other areas. Without medicines, antiseptics etc you can die from a cut. Without a vaccine a proportion of people would die from tetanus or smallpox or polio etc.

Or I'm sure you can put an onion in your sock and draw the poison out etc.
KP53
New Member!
Wiltshire
KP53 is female 

21-03-2021, 02:01 AM

I had the Astra Zeneca last month, yes it made me feel very tired and a sore arm for a couple of days but its not major. I didnt really have a choice, either my daughters would have killed me if I didnt get the jab or Covid would have done as I have a rare illness and im clinically extremely vulnerable.
I have a flu jab every year so this was just another jab for another illness that I don't want to get!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 07:46 AM

Hi

It is working.

Six weeks ago I was on a covid ward, now only 17 patients in hospital in Shropshire with it.

Page 98 of 164 « First < 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top