Join for free
Page 99 of 164 « First < 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:43 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is working.

Six weeks ago I was on a covid ward, now only 17 patients in hospital in Shropshire with it.
Good to hear, Swimmy...it seems that the vaccines are indeed having a positive effect (along with the masks and hand sanitising) I just hope when I get called, its the Pfizer one.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 11:04 AM

Why does everybody look for something to blame when they feel ill?
We are all different and some may have more uncomfortable reactions to a vaccination, but as far as I am aware no OFF members have been seriously ill from Covid Jabs. I know Mups had a bad time, but nobody proved it was caused by her jab, so she is now afraid of risking the second jab.

The AZ vaccine is very unlikely to be the cause of these blood clots , so the few that had them may have had the blood clots anyway.
Lets be fair if most of us, who take medication of any kind, read the warning notes would we stop taking them & maybe die?
There are always going to be small risks in life ( like you may get killed crossing the road if there is an idiot driver on that road) but do we stop crossing roads? It is up to each of us which risks we take, but I would never allow news headlines to advise me which risk I should take !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ok that is different and about tolerance caused by the body going into autopilot because you give it an artificial crutch. As for snakes whatever doesn't kill you can also kill you next time.

I was talking about antibiotics or vaccines which work to fight bacteria or viruses. If you have a local infection the rest of the body can live without antibiotics for a long time but you will feel really rough for most of that time and your infection may spread to other areas. Without medicines, antiseptics etc you can die from a cut. Without a vaccine a proportion of people would die from tetanus or smallpox or polio etc.

Or I'm sure you can put an onion in your sock and draw the poison out etc.
We're not talking antiseptics, tetanus or smallpox though Annie are we.
And obviously if the snake bloke got a lethal dose of venom he would die, I'm talking about his body building a resistance to the venom which means that the amount needed to kill him would be a lot more than you or me would need.

If our bodies couldn't cope with viruses and bacteria we would have become extinct years ago. Unfortunately there will be casualties, there always is in war...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We are all different and some may have more uncomfortable reactions to a vaccination, but as far as I am aware no OFF members have been seriously ill from Covid Jabs. I know Mups had a bad time, but nobody proved it was caused by her jab, so she is now afraid of risking the second jab.

The AZ vaccine is very unlikely to be the cause of these blood clots , so the few that had them may have had the blood clots anyway.
Lets be fair if most of us, who take medication of any kind, read the warning notes would we stop taking them & maybe die?
There are always going to be small risks in life ( like you may get killed crossing the road if there is an idiot driver on that road) but do we stop crossing roads? It is up to each of us which risks we take, but I would never allow news headlines to advise me which risk I should take !
Because there is always a reason why a perfectly healthy human being suddenly gets brought down by something entering their system Twink... Even a poor immune system is caused by something....

This is not a 'Small Risk' Twink, it's allowing a relatively untested chemical to be administered into your bloodstream. You are being used as an experiment..... To see what happens, and it doesn't end here does it? The protection from the vaccine only lasts six months at best, what about the cumulative effects?

And that's a contradiction if ever I heard one Twink.....
You have allowed the MSM to frighten the living daylights out of you, enough for you to beg them for a vaccine..... D'you want to buy a second hand motor? I've got just thing....
KP53
New Member!
Wiltshire
KP53 is female 

21-03-2021, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

This is not a 'Small Risk' Twink, it's allowing a relatively untested chemical to be administered into your bloodstream. You are being used as an experiment..... To see what happens, and it doesn't end here does it? The protection from the vaccine only lasts six months at best, what about the cumulative effects?
I have to say thats rather a naive way to look at vaccinations, this jab has ingredients that have been thoroughly tested for many years as part of a SARS/MERS contingency plan, its not untested. As if a chemical company (that can be sued) would allow untested chemicals to be shoved into people - it just would not happen.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We're not talking antiseptics, tetanus or smallpox though Annie are we.
And obviously if the snake bloke got a lethal dose of venom he would die, I'm talking about his body building a resistance to the venom which means that the amount needed to kill him would be a lot more than you or me would need.

If our bodies couldn't cope with viruses and bacteria we would have become extinct years ago. Unfortunately there will be casualties, there always is in war...
A vaccine is a way of giving the body resistance to a virus. Being infected with the virus when you haven't had previous exposure is like being bitten by a snake without previous resistance build up. You seem to be advocating vaccination while at the same time arguing against it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by KP53 ->
I have to say thats rather a naive way to look at vaccinations, this jab has ingredients that have been thoroughly tested for many years as part of a SARS/MERS contingency plan, its not untested. As if a chemical company (that can be sued) would allow untested chemicals to be shoved into people - it just would not happen.
That's right here is an article about some of the original research and the evolution of the AZ vaccine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55041371
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-03-2021, 01:35 PM

I think the main issue they have is quality control when a vaccine is being produced at such speed.
KP53
New Member!
Wiltshire
KP53 is female 

21-03-2021, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We are all different and some may have more uncomfortable reactions to a vaccination, but as far as I am aware no OFF members have been seriously ill from Covid Jabs.
There are always going to be small risks in life ( like you may get killed crossing the road if there is an idiot driver on that road) but do we stop crossing roads?
completely agree with you Twink - most people I have spoken to have had differing symptoms after the AZ and Pfizer jabs but nothing awful.
KP53
New Member!
Wiltshire
KP53 is female 

21-03-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's right here is an article about some of the original research and the evolution of the AZ vaccine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55041371
thanks AnnieS I couldn't find it when I was posting

Page 99 of 164 « First < 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top