Join for free
Page 15 of 45 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 08:44 AM

Re: The Vindictive Nastiness if the EU

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, we had an opt out, leaving was not an advantage in this instance.

What it does show however is the utter stupidity of the EU, the best reason to leave.

The vaccine agreement coveted sourcing and supply it was not about the regulatory approval.

The EU is stupid totally agree
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

You have also previously made insinuations regarding intelligence so I’ll leave you with this gem of a piece of research
Not one single acknowledgement or apology for the earlier nastiness and the lies?

No, instead you're trying to conflate the issue further with the use of years-out-of-date and already debunked claims regarding the alleged educational attainment of those who voted for Brexit! (1)

The Irish Times previously reported that AstraZeneca was allocated €336 million in public EU funding to help the development and production of its vaccine in collaboration with Oxford University, in exchange for an agreement to supply the EU with 400 million early doses. These have obviously not been delivered and whilst there is a best endeavours clause, those endeavours have to be within the contemplation of the parties and unless disclosed a third party contract safeguarding supply may well be considered a breach which is why the EU may act to secure vaccines which is in nobodies interest.
More false claims posted deliberately by you without any supporting link as evidence I see.
Why?
Because it is another lie!
The EU paid for vaccines.
Here's how Reuters (2) has worded the deal:
"The European Commission has made a 336 million euro ($396 million) downpayment to British drug maker AstraZeneca AZN.L to secure at least 300 million doses of its potential COVID-19 vaccine, a spokesman said on Thursday.
The deal covers development, liability and other costs faced by the vaccine maker. "
Nothing at all about "funding to help the development and production of its vaccine in collaboration with Oxford University" you will note; no, it's a straight purchase.
FYI the "development" costs as mentioned relate to AZ's costs as part of making the vaccine available non-profit because obviously the final cost must include such things.
I hope that has filled an obvious hole in your understanding.

No mention of The Phizer vaccine? It was developed by BioNTech which received $445 million from the German government and Phizer were chosen as the delivery partner
Um, you know you keep banging on about intelligence?
Well it's Pfizer.

Well done you though for pointing out Germany's investment ....... their only one mind you that's either been discovered or that has come to fruition.
One.
What difference has that made for Germany - and why if it's so great is their vaccination rate so dismal?
Meanwhile the UK invested in a broad spectrum; hence our success.
It's probably better not to put all your eggs in one basket.

You are quick to cry post are misleading when they don’t fit your agenda.
No wonder when - as above - you deliberately try to deceive others.
That isn't helped by your insistence upon trying to defend your blatant attempts at deception.
Sadly that seems to be the only way you can justify your stance.

You have also previously made insinuations regarding intelligence so I’ll leave you
No.

You did that despite your own obvious failings and I answered.
You aren't exactly helping you case with examples like the one I pointed out earlier either.
Let's hope you do leave it there then, though I suspect you cannot resist digging a deeper hole.

1 https://iea.org.uk/are-brexit-voters...han-remainers/

2 https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUKKBN25N25X

https://www.euractiv.com/section/cor...id-19-vaccine/
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:03 PM

The EU’s protectionism boosts the rush to onshore UK activities

https://johnredwoodsdiary.com/2021/0...uk-activities/
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Not one single acknowledgement or apology for the earlier nastiness and the lies?

No, instead you're trying to conflate the issue further with the use of years-out-of-date and already debunked claims regarding the alleged educational attainment of those who voted for Brexit! (1)

More false claims posted deliberately by you without any supporting link as evidence I see.
Why?
Because it is another lie!
The EU paid for vaccines.
Here's how Reuters (2) has worded the deal:
"The European Commission has made a 336 million euro ($396 million) downpayment to British drug maker AstraZeneca AZN.L to secure at least 300 million doses of its potential COVID-19 vaccine, a spokesman said on Thursday.
The deal covers development, liability and other costs faced by the vaccine maker. "
Nothing at all about "funding to help the development and production of its vaccine in collaboration with Oxford University" you will note; no, it's a straight purchase.
FYI the "development" costs as mentioned relate to AZ's costs as part of making the vaccine available non-profit because obviously the final cost must include such things.
I hope that has filled an obvious hole in your understanding.

Um, you know you keep banging on about intelligence?
Well it's Pfizer.

Well done you though for pointing out Germany's investment ....... their only one mind you that's either been discovered or that has come to fruition.
One.
What difference has that made for Germany - and why if it's so great is their vaccination rate so dismal?
Meanwhile the UK invested in a broad spectrum; hence our success.
It's probably better not to put all your eggs in one basket.

No wonder when - as above - you deliberately try to deceive others.
That isn't helped by your insistence upon trying to defend your blatant attempts at deception.
Sadly that seems to be the only way you can justify your stance.

No.

You did that despite your own obvious failings and I answered.
You aren't exactly helping you case with examples like the one I pointed out earlier either.
Let's hope you do leave it there then, though I suspect you cannot resist digging a deeper hole.

1 https://iea.org.uk/are-brexit-voters...han-remainers/

2 https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUKKBN25N25X

https://www.euractiv.com/section/cor...id-19-vaccine/
I see you still have an aversion to facts that do not fit your agenda and your modus operandi of twisting facts is evident in many of your posts in this forum, although I must say I sometimes find some of your ramblings quite entertaining.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 06:58 AM

Hi

It matters not whether you are Leaver or a Remainder.

The EU have made a complete mess of Covid Vaccinations.

It will not be forgotten.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

07-04-2021, 09:27 AM

I see you still have an aversion to facts that do not fit your agenda and your modus operandi of twisting facts is evident in many of your posts in this forum, although I must say I sometimes find some of your ramblings quite entertaining.
I see that not only have you broken your word yet again but that you would rather ignore the excellent advice I offered (see below) and continue digging what was already a very deep hole for yourself.
Or are you trying to copy certain others and get a thread closed just to try and hide your deceit from the eyes of others?

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

Meanwhile the EU continues it's exercise in self-destruction:
"Exclusive: EU denies blocking 3.1 million AstraZeneca shots to Australia"
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...KBN2BT0C4?il=0

Trying to deny blocking vaccines when the country that ordered them clearly hasn't got them is just plain stupidity.
Which I suppose is about right for the EU.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

07-04-2021, 09:27 AM

Hi

Especially not by the families of the casualties within EU member countries, the number of which continues to rise apace.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 11:31 AM

Hi

Not just the vaccinations, the impounding of around 3 million vaccines that belong to Australia (and others), the direct control over manufacturing facilities and imposing a hard border on the island of Ireland will render the 27 untrustworthy to the rest of the world. Then factor in how they have treated the UK after Brexit with deliberately frustrating trade borders shows the lengths these nutters will go to to try and prove a point. Overall the people have been sidelined, businesses have been sidelined and the political project coming first every time. The EU has let its mask slip once more, this time for the whole word to see and its inevitable there will be consequences.

Already Pfizer is talking about pulling out of Germany and it only takes one company to move out of the EU to make others follow, especially in big Pharma where they all tend to follow each other.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

07-04-2021, 11:49 AM

Novavax has already refused (or officially "delayed" ) a deal with the EU just last month for 100 million doses with their hoped-for option of another 100 million doses.

The UK meanwhile has ordered 60 million doses which as part of the agreement is already being made here in the UK at Stockton-on-Tees and bottled at Barnard Castle.
Approval for this one is hoped-for by the end of this month here in the UK.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

07-04-2021, 12:23 PM

Nice to see Erdoğan sticking one on "Her Excellency"

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...eechless-after

Page 15 of 45 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top