Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2012, 10:18 AM

Re: Is It Just Me?

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm a bit long in the tooth for page 3 but I'm doing my best in there
.... and Azz ... don't destroy the myth or we'll need to post bouncers on the door.
Sags darlin' - will be over in France next month. Will I be seeing you starring in the 'Follies' show???
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2012, 10:58 AM

Geoff said : ----will be over in France next month.

Has Jonesy invited you to his place then Geoff.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2012, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Geoff said : ----will be over in France next month.

Has Jonesy invited you to his place then Geoff.
No Arthur matey, will be dropping in unannounced!!!
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

06-08-2012, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Maybe it's the excitement over the 'trashy' section - people thinking it might be like the trashy tabloids, page 3 models and celebrity gossip etc

Funny thing is, and I'm pleased to report, no fights have broken out in there yet. In a weird sort of way, people are actually being extra nice

Wonder how long it will last?
It may well be called Trash Room, but I see little reason to think those that are able to post in the manner they see fit,i.e. expressing themselves in their own manner, will actually rip each others throats out.

The room may well be designed for the more , shall we say outspoken of us, as others might infer we are -- abrasive --ignorant --- crude - or just plain rude, I suppose that can only be determined by a persons own understanding of the written word.

I for one welcome the room as I have never considered myself to be anything like some of the confered critisisms of me, and those, perhaps with an exception of one or two I find to be perfectly reasonable posters.

I do think however the "title" of the room is meant to deter the more gentle minded, which I hope it does, but that said, I don't think it has had the desired effect that to use the room, makes you a "SUN" reader, ( I use the Sun as I consider it in the main to be a "gutter press" newspaper). As I have said, most that have posted have done with an honesty and openess which can only be applauded.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

06-08-2012, 06:27 PM

Jonsey said........................."As I have said, most that have posted have done with an honesty and openess which can only be applauded."

The problem is Jonsey...................that's not what they want here evidently. And don't be fooled by the 'not moderated' label as that's not really true. If it was to be unmoderated, it wouldn't need rules. While it has a list of rules as long as your arm, then it's obviously going to be moderated and we're going to be pulled up every time we come close to breaking one of them. Freedom of speech clearly passed Over50sForum by.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2012, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
Freedom of speech clearly passed Over50sForum by.
With freedom of speech comes responsibility - hence we have rules so that people exercise that right in a civil, acceptable manner.

If not then we're more than happy to exercise our right to show them the door after all, it's a privilege to be a part of this site, not a right.

Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2012, 07:13 PM

And it's not like we are asking for the world. Just that people be decent human beings who show some respect and courtesy for each other (and/or the site).

Not much to ask for is it.
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

06-08-2012, 07:14 PM

Careful Mazzie or you will be recieving the dreaded revoked notice. The trouble is those that don't want to, can't see the forest for the trees.

From the Personal Messages I have recieved, I am told that I in some way have livened up a forum that was slowly dying on its feet,because no-one dared disagree with another.

I am NOT looking for , nor seeking kudos, all I ask is that people that read posts, read them at least twice before calling someone something they really are not, thus making the other party respond in a manner not suited to the rules.

For goodness sake, we are all, supposedly over fifty, married / divorced , brought up a family, straddled with /or were/ with a mortgage we should all be adult enough to know we will, at times, disagree,/ argue/ have sparks fly, but at the end of the day, after a tad of sulking we will all be back at square one raring to go again.

I fully understand that moderators are needed as we can all "push the envelope too far" I admit it, I will when in the heat of a bloody good debate, but that is not to say I still don't respect either the person, or their point of view, I do, but I don'r need some smarmy arse reporting me having said something that (A) is sod all to do with them ,or(B) they are "offended" well tough ---don't ruddy read it.

According to one or two on here they have informed me that I am on their ignore list -- what shall I do ??? commit suicide ???, if they want to miss a good debate being fired off by two people with different points of view then ignore --- tiz your loss --- not mine -- I am still in debate / arguement , get a life --go into the "Born again " room -- oops you don't have one --- a suggestion perhaps.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

06-08-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jonsey ->
Careful Mazzie or you will be recieving the dreaded revoked notice. The trouble is those that don't want to, can't see the forest for the trees.

From the Personal Messages I have recieved, I am told that I in some way have livened up a forum that was slowly dying on its feet,because no-one dared disagree with another.

I am NOT looking for , nor seeking kudos, all I ask is that people that read posts, read them at least twice before calling someone something they really are not, thus making the other party respond in a manner not suited to the rules.

For goodness sake, we are all, supposedly over fifty, married / divorced , brought up a family, straddled with /or were/ with a mortgage we should all be adult enough to know we will, at times, disagree,/ argue/ have sparks fly, but at the end of the day, after a tad of sulking we will all be back at square one raring to go again.

I fully understand that moderators are needed as we can all "push the envelope too far" I admit it, I will when in the heat of a bloody good debate, but that is not to say I still don't respect either the person, or their point of view, I do, but I don'r need some smarmy arse reporting me having said something that (A) is sod all to do with them ,or(B) they are "offended" well tough ---don't ruddy read it.

According to one or two on here they have informed me that I am on their ignore list -- what shall I do ??? commit suicide ???, if they want to miss a good debate being fired off by two people with different points of view then ignore --- tiz your loss --- not mine -- I am still in debate / arguement , get a life --go into the "Born again " room -- oops you don't have one --- a suggestion perhaps.
Plenty of people here disagree with each other over a whole host of things - however most are more than capable to do so in an amicable, grown up manner
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

06-08-2012, 07:28 PM

Is one suggesting one isn't "grown up" or is one one "generalising", or is one suggesting it is ok to disagree providing they are not named -- either directly or indirectly ,, or indeed is one suggesting that when one has a principled ideal, and that ideal is affronted that one is not allowed to either to confont said blasphemer nor be allowed to reciprocate in a manner which one would think suitable to the transgressor????

One just wonders these things.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top