Join for free
Page 142 of 164 « First < 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 > Last »
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 09:47 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

I had my second Pfizer jab last Friday and felt OK except for a sore arm until Sunday when I found that my neck glands on the side of the jab had swollen and my arm became very sore again and hot to the touch. I also felt really lethargic with very little energy to do anything. The lethargy lasted a couple of days and the swelling in my glands has now almost receded plus my sore arm is now back to normal.

It was suggested to me that the AZ jab has side effects for the first dose and Pfizer for the second and that women tend to be more likely to suffer side effects than men. I don't know how true that is but for me the first jab only produced a sore arm for about a day and the second jab as I've described.

After reading Mups post about the yellow form I have now completed one of those too.

Sorry to see how badly some others on here were affected and hope you will feel much better soon.

Even after the side effects I am glad that I had the jab - if we are to combat this dreadful illness it is up to all of us to do our bit if we possible can.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I had my second Pfizer jab last Friday and felt OK except for a sore arm until Sunday when I found that my neck glands on the side of the jab had swollen and my arm became very sore again and hot to the touch. I also felt really lethargic with very little energy to do anything. The lethargy lasted a couple of days and the swelling in my glands has now almost receded plus my sore arm is now back to normal.

It was suggested to me that the AZ jab has side effects for the first dose and Pfizer for the second and that women tend to be more likely to suffer side effects than men. I don't know how true that is but for me the first jab only produced a sore arm for about a day and the second jab as I've described.

After reading Mups post about the yellow form I have now completed one of those too.

Sorry to see how badly some others on here were affected and hope you will feel much better soon.

Even after the side effects I am glad that I had the jab - if we are to combat this dreadful illness it is up to all of us to do our bit if we possible can.
The main purpose of the glands is to fight infections and remove toxins Margaret.....see here:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20353902

Quote:

Your lymph nodes, also called lymph glands, play a vital role in your body's ability to fight off infections. They function as filters, trapping viruses, bacteria and other causes of illnesses before they can infect other parts of your body. Common areas where you might notice swollen lymph nodes include your neck, under your chin, in your armpits and in your groin.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The main purpose of the glands is to fight infections and remove toxins Margaret.....see here:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20353902

Quote:

Your lymph nodes, also called lymph glands, play a vital role in your body's ability to fight off infections. They function as filters, trapping viruses, bacteria and other causes of illnesses before they can infect other parts of your body. Common areas where you might notice swollen lymph nodes include your neck, under your chin, in your armpits and in your groin.
Thank you OGF - I did google to see whether the gland swelling was a side-effect of the jab and confirmed that it was one of the rarer ones. It's almost gone now thank goodness.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 01:57 PM

Thank you OGF - I did google to see whether the gland swelling was a side-effect of the jab and confirmed that it was one of the rarer ones. It's almost gone now thank goodness.
I’m pleased to hear you are feeling a little better now, Margaret...
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK

22-04-2021, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I’m pleased to hear you are feeling a little better now, Margaret...
Thank you Mags - the sunshine helps too!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 06:12 PM

Thank you Mags - the sunshine helps too!
Yes, just what we all need to bring our smiles back
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 07:24 PM

A lady, l know had her second Astra Zeneca vaccination and she has been suffering with Vertigo.
She doesn’t blame the vaccination as she has had Vertigo before.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 07:51 PM

When I had the jab, I asked if I'd be able to play the piano OK. They said I would. I told them how pleased I was because I couldn't play it before.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
A lady, l know had her second Astra Zeneca vaccination and she has been suffering with Vertigo.
She doesn’t blame the vaccination as she has had Vertigo before.
Originally Posted by mart ->
When I had the jab, I asked if I'd be able to play the piano OK. They said I would. I told them how pleased I was because I couldn't play it before.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->

I'm going to try that next week!

Page 142 of 164 « First < 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top