Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

08-08-2012, 08:49 PM

Re: Locked out (of house).

The last house I was in had a yale lock on the front door. I only ever got locked out once. It was early morning, I wasn't long up, OH was away to work and baby was still asleep. When I opened the curtains, I saw something strange in the front garden so I went out to see what it was and the door blew shut behind me as a tiny window in the bathroom was open. Well, I was just up, the back door was still locked and now the front door was locked, baby was in the house..............so I did what any self respecting young mother would do...................I panicked. Fortunately one of my neighbours heard me panicking and came out and offered to go in one of the windows but the only one open was the tiny one in the bathroom and although he was a slim fella, even he wouldn't have fitted through that. So in the end he put his shoulder to the back door and burst it open. Well............there wasn't much choice, I had to get back in the house. Cost me a repair job. Incidentally, the strange thing in the garden turned out to be a cardboard box that had been battered about in the wind and rain. That just made it worse.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

08-08-2012, 08:52 PM

I forgot to say Jem..................I love the way you tell it.............I was falling about laughing here. Especially the picture of you doing a John Cleese .
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 09:35 PM

You can open a Yale lock with a credit card very easily, in fact in seconds.
I can break in most PVC door locks with just a pair of mole grips, fit Eurolocks, they are made by Avocet of Brighouse West Yorkshire, but most window companies know that.
Obviously if you get a quote for PVC always ask for Eurolocks.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

08-08-2012, 10:08 PM

Neither me nor my neighbour were aware of that obviously............mind you, I didn't have a credit card in 1971, in fact I didn't even have a bank card.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
Neither me nor my neighbour were aware of that obviously............mind you, I didn't have a credit card in 1971, in fact I didn't even have a bank card.
Of course Mazzie any type of plastic card will do e.g. a loyalty card or similar.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

09-08-2012, 10:33 AM

That's good to know wrinkly................not that I'll need it now as my locks are the same as Jem's.................and you can't lock yourself out.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 08:15 PM

I panic about getting locked out and misplacing keys, (which I often do) so I have a system. Spare keys for doors hidden in various parts of the garden. Nobody will ever guess where they are hidden and one key opens something else which leads to the key to a door. As long as I remember where I put them all I think I'll be OK. Him indoors never loses anything or gets locked out (he never admit to anything and is Mr prepared anyway). I don't think I have ever got locked out by leving the key behind a door - they are all in the garden somewhere.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top