Join for free
Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:38 AM

Re: Bus Depot.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
It happened as I explained...if you doubt that, then that’s just your opinion.

I think I would have tripped up by now, if it was a made up story, this was real and that’s how it happened.
I don't doubt that that's the way you saw things, and don't doubt that the driver was most likely out of line, Pauline.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:41 AM

.I’m not sure if it’s policy, but one driver talks to me the minute I get on until the minute I get off,

You get to know the regular drivers after a while.
And they get to know the troublesome passengers

Hold friends close, and enemies closer
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

16-07-2021, 11:43 AM

I should have kept my mouth shut regarding my son,
Why so? If he is controlled enough to deal with the matter in a civilised way, then let him handle it for you. The reason why my Mum would have said nothing to us would have been for fear of us getting into trouble by losing our tempers!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Hence the reason why I used conditional statements rather than assertions.
You offered advice without knowing if it was the appropriate advice. That was very irresponsible, and could very well cause even more upset. Will you be there to pick up the pieces if, by following your ill considered advice, pauline gets herself into even more emotional turmoil? I doubt it. I think your attempt to manipulate a distressed woman in this way is disgraceful. Shame on you.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Why so? If he is controlled enough to deal with the matter in a civilised way, then let him handle it for you. The reason why my Mum would have said nothing to us would have been for fear of us getting into trouble by losing our tempers!

That is so strange you say that UG C...my son is the adult in our relationship and I’m the child.

Not making any excuses for my behaviour, I have trigger points, that guy pressed that trigger point and he got it with both barrels.

I’m learning and growing, made a mistake, which doesn’t happen quite as often as it used to.

It’s a defence and protection mechanism that I have always used, once I got to a certain age.

I don’t need it though...I’m talking about my clap trap....but am slowly letting it go...when it’s been a big part of your life reacting, ..it’s hard to change that pattern of thought.

But I am definitely much better than I used to be,

By the way I can assure you I am in no “ emotional turmoil”....
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:55 AM

Not making any excuses for my behaviour, I have trigger points, that guy pressed that trigger point and he got it with both barrels.
How many more barrels do you need to let him have before you consider justice to have been done?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:58 AM

U G C....certain personalities in men, I react to.
Especially rude, dominating and bitter men.
You I don’t react to, because you seem to be a real gentleman and I mean that...you have empathy.

You seem very tuned in to woman..imo.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

16-07-2021, 12:01 PM

because you seem to be a real gentleman and I mean that...you have empathy.
He could be faking it pauline

Just kidding Ukgc

As an aside, is there a nickname we can use for you Ukgc since Ukgc seems a bit awkward?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

16-07-2021, 12:02 PM

How about uke?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

16-07-2021, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
He could be faking it pauline

Just kidding Ukgc

As an aside, is there a nickname we can use for you Ukgc since Ukgc seems a bit awkward?

He’s a lovely very empathetic man, I know you are teasing..

Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top