Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 02:32 PM

Re: Polyandry - Can a woman

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pixie, That’s not an ‘Ego’ thing, it’s pure greed and l would want to vomit all over him!
Who do some men think they are? The women must be very servile.
Yes, if its a man with many wives, but if a women had many husbands...just think, dishes all done, bins taken out every night...endless dinners made for you!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My guess is, how can one woman satisfy how many men?

I think there would be extra marital affairs, I just can’t see one woman satisfying all these men?...
Some women are insatiable, pauline, they can't get enough of it. Once a man has settled down to married life, once a week is probably all he can manage. With some women, however, the more they get, the more they want, so the arrangement could work out well in that respect. Of course, everyone involved would have to be on their guard against being born again, as that would throw a right old spanner into the works.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

18-07-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I think this is to do with Ego on the guys part. They don't want to have to "share" a woman. How long have the guys been having more than one wife, Minx?
I agree, Pixie. I think ego certainly plays its part. But could it also be related to basic animal instinct?

I've always been strictly one-to-one myself.

But here's an interesting biological species propogation/survival mechanism which supports the idea of one man to many women.

One man to many women can multiply at a much faster rate than could one woman to many men.

One man can impregnate many women in a very short space of time, whereas a single woman can realistically have only one child per year (assuming, for the sake of argument, some recovery time for the woman, and disregarding twins, triplets, etc.).

This would make the other men redundant.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Yes but just think, if a man has two wives…….that means TWO mother in laws…..
Imagine that!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yes, if its a man with many wives, but if a women had many husbands...just think, dishes all done, bins taken out every night...endless dinners made for you!
Oh Pk, I like the way you think
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

18-07-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
I agree, Pixie. I think ego certainly plays its part. But could it also be related to basic animal instinct?

I've always been strictly one-to-one myself.

But here's an interesting biological species propogation/survival mechanism which supports the idea of one man to many women.

One man to many women can multiply at a much faster rate than could one woman to many men.

One man can impregnate many women in a very short space of time, whereas a single woman can realistically have only one child per year (assuming, for the sake of argument, some recovery time for the woman, and disregarding twins, triplets, etc.).

This would make the other men redundant.
Well, the African continent has a sizeable population already so polyandry would balance things out - don’t you think?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 02:59 PM

I am not a fan of marriage and consider it to be an outdated institution . I am happy for people to be free to do as they please as long as they avoid hurting anyone.

Biology dictates that women carry babies and need to settle in one place, so one man at a time to perpetuate the species is sufficient for some women . Men on the other hand are not tied by pregnancy and birth, they are free to spread seed far and wide to do their bit for the species
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

18-07-2021, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Well, the African continent has a sizeable population already so polyandry would balance things out - don’t you think?
Of course. Whatever floats their boat. Not my cup of tea, but I have absolutely no arguments against such behaviour by consenting adults.

But let's not forget that the risk of severe decimation of the human species still exists. In such a situation, the mechanism I described above would kick in naturally in various parts of the world.
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 03:03 PM

I've never understood multiple partner marriages. In my way of thinking someone is getting the short end of the deal. I don't believe it's possible to love two people equally in a marriage. But hey if it works for you both or the three of you go for it.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
I've never understood multiple partner marriages. In my way of thinking someone is getting the short end of the deal. I don't believe it's possible to love two people equally in a marriage. But hey if it works for you both or the three of you go for it.
I don't imagine that in the parts of the world where polygamy is practiced, it is like the western model of marriage with one or two extra people thrown in, which is how you seem to be envisaging it.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top