Join for free
Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 07:28 AM

Re: I've got cancer!

Alison darlin' - good luck today. With any luck you might even be given the date of your admission by the nurses at the pre-op. If so, please come back and let us all know. Will be thinking of you darlin'
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 06:41 PM

Thinking of you and fingers crossed for you Alison. xx
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 06:54 PM

Thanks again for the good wishes.

I had the pre-op today, it was nothing out of the ordinary. We all had a talk about what to do before and after a hysterectomy. Still don't have a date but the nurse seemed to think it wouldn't be too long now.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 09:29 PM

Thats good Alison pleased you got through the first stage OK and hopefully you won't have too long to wait for the op.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2012, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Thats good Alison pleased you got through the first stage OK and hopefully you won't have too long to wait for the op.
Thanks Dog Lover (I'm also a dog lover, I've got a 7 year old mini Scnauzer
Kelly
New Member!
London
Kelly is female 

17-09-2012, 01:04 AM

the most poitive thing to do is go back to the surgery with a list of worries get an immediate appointment with the nurse and present listing worries is thereputic in itself relieving chaos in the head tou want to know everything pre care after care financial help if needed and you want to know what you can do to help yourself. go for it the most important person you know is you knowledge is power you r in charge of you love and good wishes kelly
Alicat
West Berkshire

17-09-2012, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kelly ->
the most poitive thing to do is go back to the surgery with a list of worries get an immediate appointment with the nurse and present listing worries is thereputic in itself relieving chaos in the head tou want to know everything pre care after care financial help if needed and you want to know what you can do to help yourself. go for it the most important person you know is you knowledge is power you r in charge of you love and good wishes kelly
Thanks for that advice Kelly. Unfortunately in the NHS things like that aren't easy to do. Getting appointments with anyone in a hospital is not an easy task, there's never anyone available. Thanks anyway. , and for your good wishes.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2012, 08:53 AM

When I was told I needed a hysterectomy I hadn't a clue and as you say there are a lot of questions you need answering. I looked around and found http://www.hysterectomy-association.org.uk/forums when I needed them they were helpful and just as they said I recognized the day that I felt better and didn't need them anymore.

Have a look at the forum and some of the questions will be the very ones you want to ask too.

After your procedure you will be given the telephone number including the mobile number of the Gynae Nurse who will answer any and all questions you need to ask.

My nurse is Lorraine at the Victoria in Blackpool she is so helpful and even is happy just to get a call from me when I am concerned about something there is no need to be concerned about.

I won't tell you to not worry because you are human and therefore you will but a kinder more caring group of people I have never met than the nurses looking after me after my op.

Just like any group of females we all cared about each other and I am still in touch with a couple of patients who went through the same stuff.

If there is any thing I can answer that eases your mind please just ask and I will be happy to.

Best wishes Cate.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2012, 02:06 PM

so sorry to hear that you have to do what you need to
i no were your comming from
its amazing today what they can do for you
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2012, 08:38 PM

Alison, have just caught up with your thread, and am sorry to hear your news. Like others have said, stay strong and keep positive. Thoughts and best wishes are with you....

Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top