Join for free
Page 83 of 391 « First < 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 > Last »
Dorcas
UK
Dorcas is female  Dorcas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2012, 08:01 PM

Re: Today I have .........

Thank you, I thought so too.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2012, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Today I got the chimney cleaned and I didn't do a bad job even if I say so myself. The last time it was done herself got a chap in who made a right mess of the place, come to think of it that's probably why she got me to do it, assuming I couldn't do any worse, oh ye of little faith. She was pleasantly surprised when she got back from town and I got two lumps of sugar and a gentle pat on the head. I'm now relaxing at the fire again and the only smoke about is coming from me, ahhhh sweet joy.

what a lovely picture, it looks so warm and inviting, I can just hear the logs crackling quietly, and smell the cigar smoke. Mmmm
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 07:54 AM

Today I got the chimney cleaned and I didn't do a bad job even if I say so myself. The last time it was done herself got a chap in who made a right mess of the place, come to think of it that's probably why she got me to do it, assuming I couldn't do any worse, oh ye of little faith. She was pleasantly surprised when she got back from town and I got two lumps of sugar and a gentle pat on the head. I'm now relaxing at the fire again and the only smoke about is coming from me, ahhhh sweet joy.
Oh Jim matey!!! - I expected a photo of you laying on the mat in front of the fire and herself rubbing your tummy.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh Jim matey!!! - I expected a photo of you laying on the mat in front of the fire and herself rubbing your tummy.
As John Wayne used to say Joe "That'll be the day", the only thing she ever rubbed for me was my pipe tobacco when I had a broken wrist.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 06:39 PM

Today I was watching 'The Arc' the biggest horse race in France, I didn't back the winner of it but the last race was won by a horse called 'Molly Malone' at 14/1, I couldn't call myself a Dubliner if I hadn't to put a fiver on that, collect 70 quid tomorrow. The rest of the day was spent lazing around and doodling, I remembered this doodle from my school days, I'm sure you all know what it is.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 07:54 PM

No idea what the doodle is...?

Today I took the bus to shop for some last minute things for the family Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and bought myself a bit of dark chocolate as a treat.

Keeping in mind my doc's recommendation to walk 30 minutes a day I trekked around a bit more than I should have. Knees felt like they'd give way before I got back to the bus stop but I made it. Rested a bit then made a light lunch, washed the kitchen floor, and did some of the vacuuming. Now for a nap... if I feel up to it I'll call Mom a bit later and walk up to her place with fish and chips from a local spot for our supper.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 10:03 AM

Jim matey a cladagh????
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

08-10-2012, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Jim matey a cladagh????
Sorry Joe, but thanks for your guess. We used to draw stuff like this back in the 50's at school, just kids messin about, this one is 3 Klu Klux Klan members looking down a well.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 01:10 PM

Today I was watching 'The Arc' the biggest horse race in France, I didn't back the winner of it but the last race was won by a horse called 'Molly Malone' at 14/1, I couldn't call myself a Dubliner if I hadn't to put a fiver on that, collect 70 quid tomorrow. The rest of the day was spent lazing around and doodling, I remembered this doodle from my school days, I'm sure you all know what it is.
Good heavens you must have gone to a very odd school, we didn't doodle about ku klux klan, not sure I'd even heard of them.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

08-10-2012, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Good heavens you must have gone to a very odd school, we didn't doodle about ku klux klan, not sure I'd even heard of them.
Yes Hazel a very odd school indeed, 50 wild pupils in a classroom and a Teacher driven mad by the noise. would you blame me running out of it when I reached 14, the legal age to quit.

Page 83 of 391 « First < 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top