Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 11:16 PM

Re: The Great Plastic Carrier Bag Con

Here in Sth. Australia plastic supermarket bags have been banned for about 3 yrs. The supermarkets will sell you a bag ..anything from a plastic 'biodegradable' one for 15cents to a cloth one costing a couple of dollars. I always carry my own.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by mari41 ->
Here in Sth. Australia plastic supermarket bags have been banned for about 3 yrs. The supermarkets will sell you a bag ..anything from a plastic 'biodegradable' one for 15cents to a cloth one costing a couple of dollars. I always carry my own.
SA has a lot to be proud of especially the deposit on bottles and containers. The other states get all weak at the knees when faced by the food lobby and offload it by saying the Federal Government should legislate. Pathetic.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 03:57 AM

Never mind the big plastic bag con, what about the international plastic bottle scam?
Coca-Cola, Pepsi and other beverage distributors decided in the late 70's that recycling glass bottles was too expensive for the multinational corporations and lobbied governments to make plastic bottle distribution the status quo. Despite the environmental disaster that plastic bottles are responsible for, the corporate pressure on governments is such that the practice will never be reversed.
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 06:41 AM

It's true Bruce that the drink bottle and can recycling is a great success in Sth Aus. We get 10c for every one. They had to put a limit on the number that could be redeemed at one go because people were coming over the State boeder with ute loads. It is worth doing as when our grandkids go on holiday we usually have around $100 to give them for pocket money and we don't even drink beer. I can't fathom out why wine and spirit bottles are not included.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 09:10 AM

It's a fact that we treat the whole earth as a rubbish tip and we should be ashamed....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 09:14 AM

Has anyone else noticed the ADS adjacent to this thread, for plastic packaging materials....how do they do that?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Has anyone else noticed the ADS adjacent to this thread, for plastic packaging materials....how do they do that?
I'm seeing ads for reusable bags. Programs (such as Google Adwords) scan web page content and generate ads from subscribed companies in hopes the persons viewing that web page may be interested. (Azz could likely explain it better.)
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 12:44 PM

Asda and Morrisons have been selling "bags for life" for years, you buy one, and when it gets damaged they replace it for free.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top