Join for free
Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK
HeatherMK is female  HeatherMK has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 12:59 PM

Re: Mammogramme

I have never yet been invited for a mammogram. Should I have?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by HeatherMK ->
I have never yet been invited for a mammogram. Should I have?
Hi Heather , that depends on your age...
The NHS Breast Screening Programme is a rolling one which calls women from doctors' practices in turn. This means not every woman receives her invitation as soon as she is 50. It will be sometime between the ages of 50 and 53. If you are registered with a GP and the practice has your correct details, then you will automatically receive an invitation. You don't need to contact anyone but you might like to ask your surgery when the women on their list are next due for screening
http://www.cancerscreening.nhs.uk/br...reen/faqs.html
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK
HeatherMK is female  HeatherMK has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 02:30 PM

Thanks Meg. I am 51 so I guess it will come about as and when.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 02:35 PM

good heavens you're only a baby, you'll be wanting to go on the pill next. Is it really every 3 years seems to come round fast.??
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK

30-10-2012, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
good heavens you're only a baby, you'll be wanting to go on the pill next. Is it really every 3 years seems to come round fast.??
Lol. No, I won't need birth control. I found out what causes pregnancy and put a stop to it!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 02:48 PM

Lol. No, I won't need birth control. I found out what causes pregnancy and put a stop to it!
My friend aged 20 told her husband to keep his socks on in future cos she thought that's how she came to be pregnant twice, each time he'd got no socks on
Mind you she said he must have been desperate cos with her face full of night cream,a head full of rollers and a scarf on to stop them falling out she must've looked a begger.
Cageybaby
London, uk
Cageybaby is female  Cageybaby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 06:46 PM

Thanks Meg. I am 51 so I guess it will come about as and when.
Hi Heather!

I was ''invited'' for a mammogram when I turned 50 and so was a friend of mine.
Maybe it depends on your particular health authority?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 02:00 PM

*** Please note, some posts have been moved here...
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=10361

This thread contains many posts from people who have just had or about to have breast screening. We are aware some comments are causing concern to members so we have split the thread and moved some posts here..
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 11:03 AM

Update - I go to the pre-op assessment clinic today and have a lumpectomy (ouch!) on 11 December. Hopefully won't need any further treatment after that, but won't know until the histology results come back, hopefully before rather than after Christmas.
NB posts from TedH in response to this are NOT welcome.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 11:09 AM

Good luck Ania I hope it all goes well and its done by Christmas.

Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top