Join for free
Page 9 of 22 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2012, 11:13 AM

Re: Unwanted Phone Calls

TPS doesn't stop scam calls Mollie, I still get them.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 11:27 AM

I used to be so harrassed with these nuisance calls,Indians usually on about Computer subjects.
It got so bad that I had to get BT to change my number,ex directory at that......................I have had no nuisance calls since.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 02:25 AM

got one last night told them to not call any more in a stern vioce
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
got one last night told them to not call any more in a stern vioce
Just being 'stern' with 'em Ann darlin' may not have the desired effect - sometimes you need to be down right rude and tell 'em to 'urinate elsewhere'.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 01:22 AM

Sorry for the resurrection again but, a couple of times this week, my phone started to ring before I was due to get up for work.

I did the 1471 and the first one was a phone number from Warrington. I don't know anybody in Warrington. Then, on Thursday and today the phone rang again. Twice more I did 1471 and it was the same number as yesterday.

I have an answering machine on my phone, but they chose not to leave me a message so I punched in the 0161 number into my computer, which is in Manchester, only to reveal that the number was for car insurance.

Why would I phone somebody back if they didn't leave me a message and, even if they did, why would I ring them back anyway for something of that nature. Grrrr. Sorry, but it did wind me up. Talk about an invasion of privacy.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 12:57 PM

We just changed our Phone No and the first thing The Laird did was Register it online with the TSP. I know Insurance Companys sell your No On....From now on they're simply not getting our No.
Mike Vaughan
New Member!
Bristol UK
Mike Vaughan is male 

11-11-2012, 01:46 PM

For my sins I am a Legal Advisor and Net scams investigator and this is what I advise in such a situation and I hope this helps.

ZERO PERCENT TOLERANCE is the answer ! you don't no longer have to put up with this, as since March 2010 calls such as this are against the law. The first fine around 2 million and there is imprisonment if persistent and even closure of the Company.
1. Speak firmly to the caller and tell them to remove your details from their data base if they refuse or make subsequent calls they seriously risk prosecution and even close down of the business.
2. Report the matter to you local Police, in the case of your service provider (phone provider) and you report it and tell them they now risk aiding and abetting nuisance and harassment.
3. Make a list of the dates and times of the calls, you need to prove intent after refusal of the call so you need at least 3 or 4 calls, the more the better.
4. DON'T BE TEMPTED TO ARGUE OR RAISE YOU VOICE IN ANGER as this in itself is an offence over the phones.
5. BE CALM BUT VERY FIRM ! say your piece and hang up.
6. BE IN CONTROL AT ALL TIMES keep records and report them.

Don't put up with this as you don't have to.
Best regards

PS I too get from time to time Marketing and nuisance calls, but I get very few, as my system works and my reputation amongst scam callers is spreading fast and I always investigate, take action and follow up all nuisance and scam calls. That way I am left in peace so my advice and my motto to you is: " fight for what you know is right !"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2012, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Vaughan ->
For my sins I am a Legal Advisor and Net scams investigator and this is what I advise in such a situation and I hope this helps.

ZERO PERCENT TOLERANCE is the answer ! you don't no longer have to put up with this, as since March 2010 calls such as this are against the law. The first fine around 2 million and there is imprisonment if persistent and even closure of the Company.
1. Speak firmly to the caller and tell them to remove your details from their data base if they refuse or make subsequent calls they seriously risk prosecution and even close down of the business.
2. Report the matter to you local Police, in the case of your service provider (phone provider) and you report it and tell them they now risk aiding and abetting nuisance and harassment.
3. Make a list of the dates and times of the calls, you need to prove intent after refusal of the call so you need at least 3 or 4 calls, the more the better.
4. DON'T BE TEMPTED TO ARGUE OR RAISE YOU VOICE IN ANGER as this in itself is an offence over the phones.
5. BE CALM BUT VERY FIRM ! say your piece and hang up.
6. BE IN CONTROL AT ALL TIMES keep records and report them.

Don't put up with this as you don't have to.
Best regards

PS I too get from time to time Marketing and nuisance calls, but I get very few, as my system works and my reputation amongst scam callers is spreading fast and I always investigate, take action and follow up all nuisance and scam calls. That way I am left in peace so my advice and my motto to you is: " fight for what you know is right !"
Hi Mike the problem with your above suggestion is it doesn't cater for the off shore /automated calls which trawl the phone lines randomly looking for a response.
I am reliably informed the best course of action with all cold calls is to listen to make sure it is not a legitimate caller/say nothing/replace the receiver.

Since I have been employing this strategy the cold calls I receive have decreased considerably..
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2012, 03:27 PM

I was told a week ago to put this on my mobile, SPAM 7726
and I hadn't realised till this thread, it does seem to be working.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2012, 03:48 PM

Wrinkly where do you put it??

Page 9 of 22 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top