Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 05:19 PM

Who is your "staple"?

By that I mean which singer (if you have one) do you listen to every day?

Mine has to be Roy Orbison. I enjoy listening to many artists; Elvis, Johnny Cash, Charlie Rich, George Jones, Don Williams to name a few, but I don't go a day without putting on one of my Roy Orbison cassettes or LPs.

I assume others do the same (with an artist of their preference), or maybe it's just me
MrsD
midlands uk
MrsD is female  MrsD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 05:42 PM

Re: Who is your "staple"?

I listen to all kinds of music every day.Not really got a favorite singer or group .
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 06:44 PM

I also listen to all sorts of music every day, but my hero is Cliff Richard.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 06:45 PM

The one that I constantly return to, week after week, year after year, and the one whose songs I am most likely to sing myself is Bob Dylan.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 07:43 PM

So many wonderful singers both male and female to choose from, the recordings I have - make me very happy.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 07:52 PM

My favourite singers would have to be the BeeGees, I never tire of their songs...
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 11:13 PM

Ah yes Mags, I am a BeeGees fan too.

My favourite song by them is "You Win Again" though I think they should have really checked before naming it that since Hank Williams wrote a song with the same name in 1952.

Or maybe I'm just exploiting the fact that I'm an old man who has nothing better to do than sit around festering over the name of two songs

Either way, both songs are fantastic. I particularly like the Johnny Cash version of the "first" You Win Again which he recorded in 1958 if memory serves.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 12:02 AM

Thats a tough one Jim, there was so much good music around. The big 'O' yes, Beatles, Searchers, Hollies, Seekers, and alway one of Brenda Lee's, then some old Irish and Scottish stuff when I get sentimental, spoiled for choice really.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 01:56 AM

At the moment my favourites are Missy Higgins and Amy Winehouse. However I still love and listen to Frank Zappa, Led Zeppelin, Captain Beefheart, Beatles, Stiones, Pat Bennetar, Cyndi Lauper etc

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 08:12 AM

My Music is Country always has been. I listen to Alan Jackson most of the Time....but have many mixed CDs with some Excellent Stuff on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top