Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 11:04 AM

Re: What song moves you to tears?

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Well I don't know what happened, but it worked fine right up till the change over then dead. Won't work on the small set in the den either. maybe it's not the signal but both sets are plasma ones...maybe that's the problem, they are Digital Sets. We did replace the one in the Lounge with the big plasma one just before the change. I don't have an old set to try it on. we're not the only ones it happened to either, a lot of folk around here can't use their video players now. Really Weird and Bloody Annoying.
Maybe it is the plasma set up as you say. Was just suggesting a DVD - VHS combination, that way, you could transfer the 'videos' onto disc.....
Pats
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 05:39 PM

Old tige by jim reeves .... breaks my heart everytime for every dog I have loved and lost ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 05:44 PM

Scarlet ribbons - Val Doonican
By the time I get to Phoenix - Glen Campbell
Marieannettez
Essex
Marieannettez is female 

17-02-2013, 08:07 PM

When I hear ave maria , that always makes me tearful slightly.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
VHS? You'll be Lucky. My Video stopped working when the new Ditigal Thingy was Forced on us. But the Video wasn't compatable with it, only the Analogue Signal. I've a load of Home Movies of My Old English Sheepdogs over the Years and their Puppies, also the Line Dance Classes I taught, still on Tape but can I no longer play them....makes me really sad as I'd love to be able to watch them again.

According to 'he who knows' ie son who is tv expert at local Curry's he says that if your Video machine is connected via scart, to t.v, simply turn into AV1 (or whichever one it is on tv) and you should then be able to watch, although not record, any existing video tapes.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 10:21 AM

This one every single time - I got to 1min 07 seconds and the lump in my throat appeared and the old stinging at the back of the eyes, no idea why but it has to be one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E7XHOotTX0

The other that will get me is In My Life by The Beatles but I know why that one gets to me
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 10:28 AM

I agree with you on this one Ben. Have you ever listened to Rachmaninov's 2nd piano concerto? That too tugs at your heartstrings.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 10:31 AM

No, I haven't Alan but I shall grab a hankie, just in case, and have a listen
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

18-02-2013, 10:39 AM

That is lovely isn't it Alan - got it playing now
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
This one every single time - I got to 1min 07 seconds and the lump in my throat appeared and the old stinging at the back of the eyes, no idea why but it has to be one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E7XHOotTX0

The other that will get me is In My Life by The Beatles but I know why that one gets to me
It is truly a beautiful piece of music ben-varrey - When I listened to it I noticed this one on the side of the You-tube screen. The film was pretty special as well, I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nU148c3TCg

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top