Join for free
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 02:00 PM

Re: The Selfish Generation

Agreed of course ..
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by SOUL DJ ->
Do I speak to the mother and risk a retort or worse that will tell the boy his behaviour is ok? I opted for mouthing, quite clearly, 'You are rude' and walking away.
I wish I had had the courage to actually say to the boy 'You are rude and annoying, stop it'. I wish I could have been sure that the mother would have backed me up.
Hmmm. After waiting for her to correct the child I might have given her a big smile and said "Charming little boy. Who does he take after?"

Nah... who am I kidding? I'd think it, but never have the nerve to say it!

Re being harassed while riding your bike - that's awful. I step off the sidewalk if kids are riding towards me for fear of being accidentally knocked over.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Hmmm. After waiting for her to correct the child I might have given her a big smile and said "Charming little boy. Who does he take after?"

Nah... who am I kidding? I'd think it, but never have the nerve to say it!

Re being harassed while riding your bike - that's awful. I step off the sidewalk if kids are riding towards me for fear of being accidentally knocked over.
No Sue darlin' - since like me you now carry a walking stick, use it - ram it in the spokes of any cyclist that comes too near you!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 08:18 AM

Awful idea
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 08:46 AM

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Yep - have to say Davo - a bit trashy in your comment.....
Oh come on Pats - surely you're being too harsh; after all, that's just the sort of thing a person who has worked in mental health for decades would say but I know you know that really
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Oh come on Pats - surely you're being too harsh; after all, that's just the sort of thing a person who has worked in mental health for decades would say but I know you know that really
I know - but some things just 'have' to be said !
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

11-05-2013, 01:41 AM

getting the seesaw tilt correct

We can get carried away with discussions sometimes and get one-eyed too!

I would hazard a guess that in UK, OZ, CA [not sure about USA] approximately 60-75% of young people are polite, well-mannered and getting on well with their parents, siblings and studies. And in focusing on a topic like this we sometimes forget to look at the other side of the coin.And when you work in the area of 'youths with problems' you can get one-eyed too.

So this is just a acclamation for the large majority of youth who I described above - let's not forget the silent majority.

maybe we need a new thread "the healthy youth of Britain" - anyone game?
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

11-05-2013, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
well said BV - this is 'men' talk we do it all the time often over a pint in jest and sometimes more challenging - but IT IS men talk not womens talk!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 02:32 AM

Have to say I'd have just asked the boy to move so I could get there have done it a number of times just said "Scuse me love I want to get there". Today it was a woman in her 50's on a mobility scooter who shot across a pedestrian crossing at a rate of knots and zoomed into the supermarket and careered round the store. So not just children who are selfish.Years ago an elderly couple behind me at the till were muttering about people paying by cheque what was wrong with good old cash. Pointed out the banks weren't open yet and as they were pensioners why did they have to shop at that time in the morning 7.30am I was on my way to work. Again selfish older people.

Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top