Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 02:07 PM

EU Referendum

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/eu-referend...6.html#SXTTwoN

It would seem that UKIP does indeed have the main political Parties running scared. However, what do you think of David Cameron telling MPs to abstain? Shouldn't they vote as they see fit? Given the massive swing towards UKIP, shouldn't government now accept that people want to have a say in whether or not we remain as we are within Europe and return to what we originally signed up for which was a common market?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 02:11 PM

Re: EU Referendum

I just wish it would happen Karen ...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 02:13 PM

You and me both Pats; I find it laughable that people have bought into the whole 'we won't survive without Europe', we import far more than we export to Europe; personally, I see very few real advantages to staying in Europe.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 02:16 PM

After so long - we can see the results now - the whole thing is truly 'a farce' !
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/eu-referend...6.html#SXTTwoN

It would seem that UKIP does indeed have the main political Parties running scared. However, what do you think of David Cameron telling MPs to abstain? Shouldn't they vote as they see fit? Given the massive swing towards UKIP, shouldn't government now accept that people want to have a say in whether or not we remain as we are within Europe and return to what we originally signed up for which was a common market?
DC is telling his merry men to abstain, because they would have done so without him, he has lost the leadership without doubt.
Tory MP's are fighting to keep their jobs, and I think they are looking to change so they win the next GE.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 03:58 PM

Be very careful what you wish for, the EU is about to sign a trade agreement with the USA.
Then we would be in a big mess trade wise.
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 04:23 PM

They all make promises they fail to keep them, cant trust them anymore. I believe we can exist outside the EU, other markets can be tapped, and we still could trade in Europe and USA.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 04:30 PM

It's about time we came out, what is it costing us now, is it £53 million a day?
All the scaremongering about not being able to trade if we came out is a load of bull.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 05:26 PM

To be perfectly frank I don't think I know enough detail to make an informed decision about "in or out". Bearing this in mind I will have to rely on "gut feeling" which tells me we should...................... ???
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2013, 07:17 AM

I think that the Euro will collapse within the next two years and we need to be out before it all crashes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top