Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 06:31 AM

Re: Does anyone remember their favourite sweets from when young?

Please Mods. close this thread I am drooling,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 09:33 AM

I used to like the little squares of funny tasting chocolate we had each day until my sister told be they were laxatives and what that meant
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 09:57 AM

My sister found those Meg and scoffed them. She spent a lot of time in the little room at the bottom of the yard. Good job she ate them before Christmas. It was 62 and snow arrived Boxing day and the loo was frozen til March
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
My sister found those Meg and scoffed them. She spent a lot of time in the little room at the bottom of the yard. Good job she ate them before Christmas. It was 62 and snow arrived Boxing day and the loo was frozen til March
Oh dear Ron . (I remember 62' brrrrr).
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 10:52 AM

Blue Riband have always been a favourite of mine and I still buy them and, as far as I can tell, they taste the same. I would agree that a lot of sweets don't taste anywhere near as nice as they used to (which is probably a good thing) and caly (never sure of how to spell that) is nothing but coloured sugar now.

Originally Posted by Pepper ->
I also loved those great big triangle ice pop things forgot the name but they came in different colours and they lasted for ages.
Ooh jublees - I used to love those

All the sweets were in jars and had to be weighed out. Talk about a kid in a sweet shop. Loved it.
And that added to the excitement and was so much nicer than picking up a plastic packet off a shelf
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Oh dear Ron . (I remember 62' brrrrr).
Yes I remember that particular winter too - my next door neighbour and I, we built an igloo (inuit fashion) on the grass verge outside our houses. Because there was hill in both directions getting in or out of our 'estate', we charged cars 6d, and larger vans and lorries 1s to keep them going and help if they got stuck on the ice (there were no grit lorries in those days). In the space of three weeks (we had an extended xmas break 'cos the school heating was broken) we made over £40.00
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 12:34 PM

We have an old fashioned sweetshop in our village where you can still buy loose sweets from the jar.

A quarter ( 200 grams) of jelly beans for me!

The prices are a bit different now.
Pepper
Rochdale UK
Pepper is female  Pepper has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 01:03 PM

Mum used to send me to the corner shop, she said if there was any change i could have tupence, i always got a tupeny mix and you seemed to get loads for your money.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top