Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 05:50 AM

What remains

Have not noticed a thread dedicated to this series so here goes. Have been lying here pondering, and the more I pondered the harder it was to drop off. So! Where did the ruddy bow and arrow come from??

I know he got given one as a retirement present (and on that note...WHY? Strange prezzie to give someone who presumably has never expressed a desire to learn archery -I know it was a plot device, but you have to admit it was odd), so he owns them, BUT he certainly was not carrying it round when handing out letters, and when he appeared with them he was at the other end of the hallway (which also seemed to have stretched somewhat), from his front door. So are we supposed to believe he managed to leave the women's flat, crawl or stagger up the stairs to his own, obtain the bow and arrow, stagger back along the hall way and hide around the corner, to then stand upright and steady enough to shoot an arrow? Besides he was standing with his back against a door so no room for him to draw a bow. And come to think of it what door was that? All through series, when anyone approached that top flat it was virtually at the top of the stairs, suddenly there is a long hallway and another flat?

Oh bugger am giving up and trying to sleep

G'night all
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 09:25 AM

Re: What remains

Was that the last episode? I haven't seen it yet so will keep an eye open for that bit.

I found it hard to get into this programme mainly because of the main character - I couldn't focus on anything other than that horrible stubbly chin - why not shave it off or grow it properly!

Saying that, I came to really like that character and, overall, the series. I like a good murder-mystery.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 09:34 AM

We gave up on this after episode 2, as we found it much too ponderous, so didn't see the finale.

So who did it?
Trixie
Kent
Trixie is female  Trixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 10:19 AM

Well, I'm not ususally impressed by TV dramas, but this one had me hooked by episode 1. Brilliant set design, camera-work, etc emphasised the creepiness of the ghastly house - made the Bates Motel look like a Holiday Inn! Mesmerising performances by all.
However, having been promised an edge-of-your-seat finale, plus an unexpected twist at the end, last night's episode fell very flat for me. Didn't expect it all to end in a bloodbath, it was too over-the-top for a drama that up to then had relied more on atmosphere and one's imagination.
What was the twist in the tale? I was waiting for the revelation that the chubby girl wasn't dead after all, it was her mother's corpse, and she had slimmed down and was one of the other residents, possibly the submissive lesbian?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 02:16 PM

What an odd bunch lived in that house! I got confused at the end, three or four different homicidal maniacs to choose from. I thought it was going to be that man's son!
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 04:00 PM

The thing is, it didn't really reveal whether the policeman died or not. A peculiar and disappointing ending I think.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Have not noticed a thread dedicated to this series so here goes. Have been lying here pondering, and the more I pondered the harder it was to drop off. So! Where did the ruddy bow and arrow come from??

I know he got given one as a retirement present (and on that note...WHY? Strange prezzie to give someone who presumably has never expressed a desire to learn archery -I know it was a plot device, but you have to admit it was odd), so he owns them, BUT he certainly was not carrying it round when handing out letters, and when he appeared with them he was at the other end of the hallway (which also seemed to have stretched somewhat), from his front door. So are we supposed to believe he managed to leave the women's flat, crawl or stagger up the stairs to his own, obtain the bow and arrow, stagger back along the hall way and hide around the corner, to then stand upright and steady enough to shoot an arrow? Besides he was standing with his back against a door so no room for him to draw a bow. And come to think of it what door was that? All through series, when anyone approached that top flat it was virtually at the top of the stairs, suddenly there is a long hallway and another flat?

Oh bugger am giving up and trying to sleep

G'night all
I didn't realise Len the policeman had moved into the flats did I miss a bit?
He seemed to be sleeping in a flat there when the 'to let' board went up on the dead girls flat, I can only guess he had been sleeping there then took on the flat.

The last part was so dark I couldn't see what was happening . There seemed to be a lot of loose ends left or perhaps they were red herrings
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 04:32 PM

You are never actually told that he has moved in, but as the last few minutes actually take place some time after the baby has arrived, at which point he appears to be living there one would assume that he had sold his house and purchased the top flat. Everyone seems to accept his presence so he cannot be merely squatting.

A further question that has been puzzling me though, is the photographer, when and how did shedie? We know she unsuccessfully attempted to cut her wrists, we know her bully girlfriend kept her prisoner, even at one point tying her to her bed whenever she went out, then suddenly weeks later, she is lying fully dressed in the bath?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 06:04 PM

So who did do it? Does anyone know?
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 06:08 PM

The lesbian girl who was found dead in the bath I think.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top