Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 05:04 AM

Re: What remains

which is more or less what I have been saying. However, his 'hobby' of archery was extremely recent in that the bow had been given him as a retirement gift, what? a month or two earlier? Also the bow must have been in his flat, which beggars the question how did he get it? After all, as I pointed out above, he was bleeding out on the bathroom floor for quite some time prior to Vidya discovering both him and Peggy's body, yet he finds the strength to yada yada yada.

As for did he die or not, I would imagine yes, for reasons gone into in other posts.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 08:21 AM

All in all, a bit of a letdown which is a shame. Finally decided I didn't like the main character - too droopy and unkempt.
Trixie
Kent
Trixie is female  Trixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Well that makes a change.... its usually just me who gets lost. The trouble is I am so busy thinking Oh I dont like that vase there, or oh thats a good idea, I dont really follow the plot!Well the walls above my Dado rail( yes I know they are not fashio nable any more)are nigger brown( I know I shouldnt say that)but that black paint was awful on the hall and landing walls.That young man should have had his adanoids out when he was young,his mouth is open all the time, it makes him appear gormless.
Oh, good, I thought it was only me who did that! A few months ago I noticed a Stephen King adaptation on the TV, so settled down to watch it. About halfway through Johnny Depp was descending the stairs and there was a rather nice print on the wall. I said to myself "I've seen that picture before. In fact I've seen this film before!"
Roll on Altzeimers!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 11:50 AM

Johnny Depp! Where?

This series reminds me of one of those books I get from the library, it plods along, different time settings, flashbacks, too many characters so you forget their names and then as if the author can't be bothered to write any more, all action at the end! (That was a log sentence!)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Johnny Depp! Where?

This series reminds me of one of those books I get from the library, it plods along, different time settings, flashbacks, too many characters so you forget their names and then as if the author can't be bothered to write any more, all action at the end! (That was a log sentence!)
I agree it was rather like that Twiz, either the writer was being a smarty pants or got bored with some of the story lines

Slightly off topic..
My son wanted to buy me a Kindle, I said no thanks, my memory isn't good enough for one, I need to be able to thumb back through the pages to see who a character is
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 06:25 PM

I do that too! Last night I came across a character I'm sure wasn't mentioned before or had the wrong name. I found out the writer had switched to his surname, confusing!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 10:28 PM

It drives me nuts when authors switch between a characters given name and their surname, gets you thinking there are twice as many characters asa there actually are.

Although Meg, I have an Ereader and find it easy to 'turn back'.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top