Join for free
Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
TedHutchinson
Louth UK
TedHutchinson is male  TedHutchinson has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 11:05 AM

Re: New Breed of Statins

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
We will be subjected to his cutting and pasting for some time to come. It has happened before and he seems not to get the message.
At the top of the page is an orange bar with the words CONTROL PANEL on it.
If you click on that Control Panel link it allows you to alter your settings you can choose the Edit Ignore Listand add my username.
Then you won't be bothered by having to read any posts from me nor will you learn how to improve your health and quality of life by using fewer unnecessary pharmaceutical drugs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 11:12 AM

I'm all for using fewer pharmaceutical drugs but equally I don't like the idea of taking unnecessary and expensive supplements. You are sounding like a salesman rather than someone concerned about members health.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm all for using fewer pharmaceutical drugs but equally I don't like the idea of taking unnecessary and expensive supplements. You are sounding like a salesman rather than someone concerned about members health.
Blimey Julie, don't answer him ... he is a salesman.
He'll get fed up if we ignore him, he's done this before.
Put him on your ignore list.
TedHutchinson
Louth UK
TedHutchinson is male  TedHutchinson has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm all for using fewer pharmaceutical drugs but equally I don't like the idea of taking unnecessary and expensive supplements..
I agree with you that is why it's important to see the evidence as to which supplements are effective and to understand how much is normally required to bring levels up to the natural level human DNA evolved to work best with.
There is plenty of research showing taking too little vitamin d does no good at all.
That is why you need to understand what NATURAL levels of 25(OH)D are and how much vitamin D3 daily is generally required to reach those levels in the UK.

You are sounding like a salesman rather than someone concerned about members health.
But I have nothing to sell.
I'm only trying to explain the most recent science.
You are sounding like someone who enjoys being ill and who doesn't want to make any effort to understand what constitutes a natural immune function.
When you read vitamin research you need to understand the lengths the drug companies go to that ensure doctors are mislead. There is a current example discussed here
So much for scientific debate
We mustn't tolerate all the corrupt bad science from Big Pharma that is leading to so much illhealth.
We need a better informed public who aren't so easily conned.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 01:57 PM

Enjoys being ill ? Sorry where do you get that from ? No amount of supplements can cure what ails me MS is a complex disease and no one has the answer to it least of all a few over the counter supplements. Or is it cancer you are claiming to have the answer for ? or diabetes ? None of which I enjoy and only one of which I have any real control over.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by TedHutchinson ->
So now you know that increasingTotal Cholesterol in older adults lowers the risk of death what do you think about doctors giving Cholesterol lowering Statins to older people and why do you think increasing their risk of death is a good thing?
No I don't 'know.'..none of this proves anything.

You are ignoring the good and the bad cholesterol factor.

quote....."

Kendrick's The Great Cholesterol Con

A Review of Malcolm Kendrick's The Great Cholesterol Con: The Truth About What Really Causes Heart Disease and How to Avoid It
August 22, 2008
Reviewed by Chris Masterjohn

If you want a few good laughs, read this book.

Malcolm Kendrick's 2007 book, The Great Cholesterol Con, is full of sarcastic humor. It parodies some of the most outrageous scientific absurdities ever to find their way into print, and it is impossible not to laugh out loud while reading it"..unquote
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 03:45 PM

But I have nothing to sell.
You are trying to 'sell' an unproven theory.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 04:49 PM

Pats - this is why I asked you if you had come across Ted before. I'm getting some popcorn for the Ted vs Pats thread

mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 04:47 PM

At the top of the page is an orange bar with the words CONTROL PANEL on it.
If you click on that Control Panel link it allows you to alter your settings you can choose the Edit Ignore Listand add my username.
Then you won't be bothered by having to read any posts from me nor will you learn how to improve your health and quality of life by using fewer unnecessary pharmaceutical drugs.
Please don't patronise me. I will read and comment on any post that I choose to. By the way, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my health. And have no need of supplements. I think people are far better to listen to their own G.P than listen to a man with no medical qualifications whatsoever. You know the old saying "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing". Leave health to the experts, of which you are not one.
TedHutchinson
Louth UK

17-10-2013, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
No I don't 'know.'..none of this proves anything.

You are ignoring the good and the bad cholesterol factor.

quote....."

Kendrick's The Great Cholesterol Con

A Review of Malcolm Kendrick's The Great Cholesterol Con: The Truth About What Really Causes Heart Disease and How to Avoid It
August 22, 2008
Reviewed by Chris Masterjohn

If you want a few good laughs, read this book.

Malcolm Kendrick's 2007 book, The Great Cholesterol Con, is full of sarcastic humor. It parodies some of the most outrageous scientific absurdities ever to find their way into print, and it is impossible not to laugh out loud while reading it"..unquote
But if you actually read what Chris Masterjohn has to say about cholesterol you will understand he has more in common with Kendrick than he contradicts.
Remember Kendrick was one of the first to expose the Statin Scam and a lot has happened since 2008 when Kendrick book came out.
Colpo wrote a book on the same topic but Kendrick's is easier to read because of his sense of humour.
You really will find it very funny particularly if you like the Yorkshire sense of humour.

Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top