Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2013, 01:56 PM

Re: Paper waste

We too are totally fed up of junk mail coming through the door and also in magazines. Another thing we are fed up with too is the amount of charity bags we now receive - at least one a week! We rarely use them, prefer to take any unwanted stuff directly to our chosen charity shop. The bags we use as bin-liners.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2013, 06:23 PM

I sometimes tear the junk up put it back in the envelope and return to sender
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2013, 06:27 PM

Me too !!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2013, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Sainsbury's here have placed a bin beside the newspaper and magazine stands for customers to empty their unwanted inserts into .... it gets well used too
They used to have one in Waitrose but dispensed with it .
I only buy the radio times which is by the the customer service desk and having complained about the 'inserts' I now leave them on the customer service counter or in the trolley.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2013, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
They used to have one in Waitrose but dispensed with it .
I only buy the radio times which is by the the customer service desk and having complained about the 'inserts' I now leave them on the customer service counter or in the trolley.

I have a standing order for RT Meg darlin' and therefore it comes in a sealed plastic bag, delivered by the Post Office - I fill up my waste paper basket every week with the rubbish inserts in the RT.
Lifemask
New Member!
Devon
Lifemask is female 

01-11-2013, 01:06 PM

Contact the mailing preference service and most junk mail will stop. You can also contact the post office online and request them not to deliver letters addressed to the householder. The telephone preference service does the same for phone calls but, unfortunately, only stops phone calls which originate in the UK.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top