Join for free
Page 259 of 391 « First < 159 209 249 257 258 259 260 261 269 309 359 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 06:12 PM

Re: Today I have .........

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Look guys .. I don't interfere in the goings on in the shed.
I do realise it's a man thing, and honestly he is allowed to spend as much time as he finds necessary in there.
I do, really, honestly.
I don't think it will be as posh as Jimmy's though but I'll look for a more comfortable chair for him.
He did say thanks to you, by the way.

I aim to please Jan darlin', I aim to please - just show him the picture of my riser/recliner chair and you'll never get him out of the shed.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2013, 07:32 PM

Today I went out for lunch with some old colleagues (at the old hospital where I worked), one of which emailed out of the blue, saying if you're passing do drop in. So I quickly arranged to meet up today, saying it will soon get busy at my end! The one who emailed me insisted on paying for lunch.

Ended up popping over to the surgery on the other side of the road where I also worked several times, and met quite a few more ex colleagues! It was fun and a great tonic.

Then (cos I was driving, too windy to hang about for several buses), I had to negotiate the new roadworks and got the lane wrong, so went on to Tescos for my paper, some shopping and petrol, then back to the junction where work is in progress to find my way home!

It's a nasty junction that was all one way and it's being changed to two way. (About time I say, actually). I got very confused trying to find my road home as it's been blocked off and changed. The bus station at the underground is closed, and I thank whoever that I drove there/back outside of peak rush hours!!

Now cooking my pork loin steaks (not chops) and they smell delicious.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2013, 07:34 PM

Enjoy yer meal Jazzi - relax
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2013, 08:00 PM

Oooh, I've got some pork loin chops in the freezer - good idea for tomorrows dinner, slowly cooked with onions and gravy.
Thanks for the idea Jazz
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2013, 08:43 PM

Tell you what, there's enough for another meal! And as the pork steaks and rice were reduced in price, even a better bargain. Should have been cooked yesterday but I already had something a day over its Use By date.

When the pork was nearly cooked I took each piece out and cut it in half so it cooked evenly, then chucked in the mushroom sauce. While that was bubbling away I did the rice in the micro.

I could have been greedy by eating all of it, but then tomorrow's supper is ready, innit??
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2013, 09:50 PM

Today I've had a lovely day. An early phone call from my son wishing me happy birthday. Then we went out to lunch with 9 friends, it was lovely and my 3 course meal and drink came free, the restaurant owner said my meal was on him. Everything was lovely, then home again for an hour or so, then to the airport to drop off a friend returning to UK, not very happily, she didn't want to go. So today has been a really good day. Tomorrow out again, another friend's birthday, but it will be just the two of us so a more peaceful day.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 12:03 AM

Happy Birthday!
Today I lost something very close to my heart....... Pet Rescue won't load anymore, I did everything I could, reported it to FB but nothing......I'm downhearted! I was on Level 69!!!!!
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Today I lost something very close to my heart....... Pet Rescue won't load anymore, I did everything I could, reported it to FB but nothing......I'm downhearted! I was on Level 69!!!!!
Its been working fine all night for me
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Today I've had a lovely day. An early phone call from my son wishing me happy birthday. Then we went out to lunch with 9 friends, it was lovely and my 3 course meal and drink came free, the restaurant owner said my meal was on him. Everything was lovely, then home again for an hour or so, then to the airport to drop off a friend returning to UK, not very happily, she didn't want to go. So today has been a really good day. Tomorrow out again, another friend's birthday, but it will be just the two of us so a more peaceful day.

Happy birthday Loretta darlin'!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2013, 02:47 PM

Today I thought I would be going out for a pint at lunchtime but the wife is out with two of her sisters and she asked me to stay in and wait for a special delivery parcel, "I'll be home at 12 o'clock dear" is still ringing in my ears, It's 1.30pm now and no sign of the parcel nor herself, maybe she meant 12 midnight, I am slightly irritated now, so I will wait until 2pm then out the door with me and the dog.

Page 259 of 391 « First < 159 209 249 257 258 259 260 261 269 309 359 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top