Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2013, 04:31 PM

Re: Fixing my car

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Now, if you could just explain to me where the anti-freeze & oil go ...........
In the boot and then take them to someone who knows what they are doing .
Rene61
Alabama, USA
Rene61 is female  Rene61 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2013, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
How very dare you, you will be after a vote next.

Please observe this sacred video.

Im off to me shed to sulk.
I want to wear pants too... and drink whiskey while smoking cigars and slapping a big boobed woman on the rear... wait, skip that part.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2013, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rene61 ->
I want to wear pants too... and drink whiskey while smoking cigars and slapping a big boobed woman on the rear... wait, skip that part.
Do it then Rene you only live once
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2013, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
In the boot and then take them to someone who knows what they are doing .
Lol.... lol OH should read this!
Rene61
Alabama, USA
Rene61 is female  Rene61 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2013, 05:20 PM

I know this! Pop the hood and look at the knobs marked "Oil" and "Coolant/Antifreeze" lol I found out the hard way when the mechanics supposedly checked my fluids but did not. My coolant tank ran dry and there was white smoke coming from the exhaust pipe. I Googled it and was told to check the coolant. I double check all my fluids now, especially my windshield washer compartment because the auto shop puts a cleansing fluid in it and I hate the suds on my windshield. I prefer plain water.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2013, 05:24 PM

On a serious note don't go looking for where the anti-freeze goes on a hot engine - dangerous .
Rene61
Alabama, USA

31-12-2013, 05:30 PM

Some of these new cars are not meant to be touched by anyone other than skilled technicians it seems to me. My bother-in-law has a Citroen something or other and whilst it has been ultra reliable (thankfully) I don't think even the simplest of jobs can be done by him; even something like messing with bulbs and so on can cause problems apparently if you don't know what you are doing.
You can look at the manual and tell. I would never bother with anything connected to the motherboard, but certain things like lights are easy. I suppose it really depends on one's comfort zone. Computer techs make a minimum of $20 an hour because people are intimidated by their computers and there is really nothing scary about it. Cars are just great big computers that get you dirty working on them... and can kill someone... then again, an infra-sound wav can kill a person too...or hack programs designed to redirect the electrical currents through the keyboard/keypad to electrocute someone so... nevermind.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

31-12-2013, 05:40 PM

You can look at the manual and tell. I would never bother with anything connected to the motherboard, but certain things like lights are easy. I suppose it really depends on one's comfort zone. Computer techs make a minimum of $20 an hour because people are intimidated by their computers and there is really nothing scary about it. Cars are just great big computers that get you dirty working on them... and can kill someone... then again, an infra-sound wav can kill a person too...or hack programs designed to redirect the electrical currents through the keyboard/keypad to electrocute someone so... nevermind.
I suppose so but then again it is so very easy to ruin a computer . I should know cos I fix em .
Rene61
Alabama, USA

31-12-2013, 06:06 PM

I suppose so but then again it is so very easy to ruin a computer . I should know cos I fix em .
Great! Then you can fix my car the next time it needs help! Ha Ha
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

31-12-2013, 06:26 PM

Well I don't smoke but I can vouch for the rest of it .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top