Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 12:13 AM

Re: First Love.

I think that's lovely that he was still as nice, it would have been sad if he was completely different to how you remembered him. I wonder how you would have fared as a farmer's wife ....
artybez
HIGHCLIFFE DORSET
artybez is female  artybez has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 11:11 AM

Mine was southern Irish with the gift of the gab and sparkly blue eyes. Sigh!

We used to frequent cafes back then and when the jukebox played 'Oh Carol' by Niel Sedaka he would sing to be substituting Beryl for Carol - sounds corny but it was so funny.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 11:20 AM

Ah, sounds a real charmer Beryl.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by artybez ->
Mine was southern Irish with the gift of the gab and sparkly blue eyes. Sigh!

We used to frequent cafes back then and when the jukebox played 'Oh Carol' by Niel Sedaka he would sing to be substituting Beryl for Carol - sounds corny but it was so funny.
He had Irish charm alright ....Lovely story
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 02:44 AM

I had my first real love when I was in my 20's. I know he is now a widower, but I can't find him.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 03:16 PM

I met my first love when I was eighteen. She was fourteen and still at school. I hadn't been interested in girls until that day cos all I was interested in was my athletic lifestyle and a fitness regime. We were engaged a year later and married three years after that. She was eighteen and I was barely twenty two. Far too young of course but it worked for us. The first of our three sons was born less than a year later. That was more than fifty years ago and neither of us has a single regret
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 03:27 PM

I think (if my memory serves me well) my first love was a girl called Carol Deacon. We were best friends for years - all through Junior School. She was a bit of a tomboy (a type which has always attracted me) and was better than most of my male mates at all of the "boy" things we got up to. We never went any further than the odd kiss on the cheek and a bit of surreptitious hand-holding but she was a huge part of my life during my pre-teenage years. We gradually lost contact when we went to separate secondary schools - new friends, new interests and lots of homework kind of got in the way. I hope she has had as interesting and happy life as I have. Thanks for the memories Carol, wherever you are!
artybez
HIGHCLIFFE DORSET
artybez is female  artybez has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I met my first love, a Derbyshire farmer fairly recently when I attended a family funeral.
I hadn't seen him for over 40 years.
He never married.
so - how was he - still attractive or all wrinkly?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 04:23 PM

I don't know why but "The one that got away" springs to mind reading these posts.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by artybez ->
so - how was he - still attractive or all wrinkly?
He was ok , I felt a bit awkward because I hadn't recognised him

He was never really 'attractive' just a very nice man

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top