Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2014, 08:40 AM

Re: Johnathan Creek

The old series of Jonathan Creek are being shown on Mondays 9pm Drama channel 20 freeview.

New series very disappointing.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 05:07 PM

I've found a cure for insomnia!

Watch the new Jonathan Creek series!

It's pathetic. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 07:34 PM

I read an interview with Alan Davis the other day it seems clear his heart is no longer in it and he resents time away from his family, which is fine he is allowed but why agree to do the series if he felt that way ?
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 01:35 AM

Well tonight's story had more holes than a sieve. The balloons attached to the tables in the marquee had obviously been filled with helium or how else would they have been floating above the tables? So why was the wife blowing them up by mouth? Why indeed was she blowing them up herself at all? There were more than enough staff around to carry out such a 'menial' task. Furthermore she was not wearing the silver dress/jacket combo in the marquee so how did a balloon get in her pocket? A balloon filled with merely exhaled air would not have been sufficient to carry the stocking, never mind a stocking and heavy watch combo, it certainly would not have flown up into the air the way that one did. As for the dead body saga and the photo stuff they were dreadful padding for an altogether stupidly unbelievable story. So glad there were only the three.

I think we should all write to POV and complain, or to QI and tell him off.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Well tonight's story had more holes than a sieve. The balloons attached to the tables in the marquee had obviously been filled with helium or how else would they have been floating above the tables? So why was the wife blowing them up by mouth? Why indeed was she blowing them up herself at all? There were more than enough staff around to carry out such a 'menial' task. Furthermore she was not wearing the silver dress/jacket combo in the marquee so how did a balloon get in her pocket? A balloon filled with merely exhaled air would not have been sufficient to carry the stocking, never mind a stocking and heavy watch combo, it certainly would not have flown up into the air the way that one did. As for the dead body saga and the photo stuff they were dreadful padding for an altogether stupidly unbelievable story. So glad there were only the three.

I think we should all write to POV and complain, or to QI and tell him off.
**Claps** as also spotted by meself. I also wondered where the balloon came from. And also, no self-respecting wealthy woman would ever wear tan shoes to a silver dress as that's a total fashion faux pas, but I digress.

If I were a wealthy woman I wouldn't be blowing up balloons, nor climbing ladders as my staff would do that for me, but I would over-see.

Thing is, I can absolutely see why others are reprimanding this new series and I totally agree as I wanted Jonathan to still live in a windmill with a comical side-kick, but I just can't help myself. I love the plots and solutions, so I shall continue to watch.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 05:10 AM

Nowadays Mollie, that shade of shoe is known as 'nude' and appears to go with everything.
artybez
HIGHCLIFFE DORSET
artybez is female  artybez has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 07:39 AM

I gave up after 10 minutes......

I just hope it doesn't get revived again!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 07:42 AM

I can't say I've ever watched the program......but I am very into spotting continuity bloopers & this series looks like it may have them in abundace.

However , nothing will ever match the great numbers of errors in DEADLY WEAPONS,starring CHESTY MORGAN, a classic of it's time & so bad it was good..I saw it in the Essoldo in Chelsea many years ago , I was lodging with my Uncle Vivian at ther time.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I can't say I've ever watched the program......but I am very into spotting continuity bloopers & this series looks like it may have them in abundace.
However , nothing will ever match the great numbers of errors in DEADLY WEAPONS,starring CHESTY MORGAN, a classic of it's time & so bad it was good..I saw it in the Essoldo in Chelsea many years ago , I was lodging with my Uncle Vivian at ther time.
I love that Robert - so bad it was good!

Chesty Morgan was the famous "hunchfront" wasn't she?!!

I'm forever picking up continuity errors too - drives me up the wall but you get it in books too!

Whatever happened to CONTINUITY EDITORS and / or PROOF READERS in the Print?

And I say this as an ex-BBC employee of ten years!

Is there such an affliction as Meldrewism? stevmk2
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 08:29 PM

Is there such an affliction as Meldrewism? stevmk2

Yes and my husband's got it in spades!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top