Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 08:41 PM

Re: Drugs

I take painkillers most days if I'm going walking or doing strenuous work like gardening, Ibuprofen, Co Codamol and a heat gel too. I used to take statins but decided to stop after reading different views from the medical profession
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I take painkillers most days if I'm going walking or doing strenuous work like gardening, Ibuprofen, Co Codamol and a heat gel too. I used to take statins but decided to stop after reading different views from the medical profession
I am very lucky as I don't suffer any pain that I need to take painkillers for.

I do have to take pills for blood pressure which I think are helping to prolong my life.

I did have for the first time in my life a couple of months ago an attack of Gout and that was painful, giving drugs for it cleared up in three days
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Because you are coming over as a nasty bully.
Why by putting my opinion stating my experience ? If she has another she is quite able to put hers too.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 09:10 PM

I do have to take pills for blood pressure which I think are helping to prolong my life.

I did have for the first time in my life a couple of months ago an attack of Gout and that was painful, giving drugs for it cleared up in three days
I too take BP meds and also had an attack of gout recently which was very painful, we must have been twinned at birth!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Why by putting my opinion stating my experience ? If she has another she is quite able to put hers too.
Who's 'she'......the cat's mother?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

21-04-2014, 10:15 PM

I love that saying Pats, I've used it on many occasions!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 10:15 PM

They will certainly be going someway to reduce the risk of you suffering a heart attack or stroke..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 10:46 PM

Very interesting, you learn something new every day.
Personally I am a bit wary of doctors, they are only human after all and make mistakes just like the rest of us, they have their good days and their bad days, and we'll just have to put up with them until something better comes along, who knows, maybe a super computer that only deals with medical problems and can tell everything about the individual patient in a few seconds, then prescribe the proper medicine in the correct doses to suit each individual, it has to happen sometime in the future, then just like the ordinary dockers of old doctors will no longer be required.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Very interesting, you learn something new every day.
Personally I am a bit wary of doctors, they are only human after all and make mistakes just like the rest of us, they have their good days and their bad days, and we'll just have to put up with them until something better comes along, who knows, maybe a super computer that only deals with medical problems and can tell everything about the individual patient in a few seconds, then prescribe the proper medicine in the correct doses to suit each individual, it has to happen sometime in the future, then just like the ordinary dockers of old doctors will no longer be required.

That's an interesting thought Jem. There could be a sort of platform you walk on to, like weighing scales have. You could programme in which bit hurts and the computer would give you an immediate scan of that part and then print the verdict. You could then go to the medication computer, post the verdict ticket into it and receive your medication.
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I think you may well have been safer using Statins.
Co Codamol is probably the most Dangerous drug you could be taking, It is EXTREEMLY ADDICTIVE with DEVASTATING results.
The withdrawal systems could take years to get over, and the pain you now suffer would be a lot worse.
I may be wrong, BUT I would personally advise you inquiring to find out the long term using side affects.
It is reported the drug looses its power to relieve pain so in a lot of cases the patient takes more and more to get the same results as they did at first. SOUND FAMILIAR, Resulting in overdose.

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top