Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 08:30 PM

Re: Drugs

Why wouldn't I believe it ? what an odd thing to say. All I wanted to know was which field she nursed in I have friends who work at Great Ormond Street, they always tell me they know very little abut geriatrics and reproductive medicine, I also know someone who nurses at an abortion clinic she would never say she was an expert in any other field. I just thought perhaps Pats may not have experience in the medical fields I was talking about.

Nothing wrong with that at all it would just help us understand each other I thought.
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 10:21 PM

In all fairness to Pat she has every right to think and say whatever she believes.
The only trouble with the medical staff, Specially the nurses is that they are bound by a code of silence, And if they break they are labeled Whistle Blowers and are Ridiculed by the Media and rest of the Medical staff.
Now in Australia we had one that came out and told of events going on in the Bunderburg Hospital.
The said Doctor (LABELED DR DEATH)in question was eventually accredited to 87 DEATHS.
It took 8 years of legal battles and 3.5 million dollars of TAX payers money for him to More or Less get Sentanced, WHICH in the end was a FARCE and the sentance he recieved was to 3 manslaughter and one aggrevated assalt, and was deported back to America, Not ever to practice medicine in Australia again.
After all that rambling on I still think the Head nurse got a worse treatment by the Media and the Hospital Management, And she has to live with that forever.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 10:43 PM

Whoa!!!!

This thread isn't about me..
But I will just say for those that are interested that I am a Registered General Nurse and an accredited ANP.

And believe it or believe it not...I am not afraid to speak out when it is warranted and indeed I have done on many occasions.

So...please let's get back to the thread topic of Drugs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 08:19 AM

No it isn't and wouldn't have been about you if you had simply said you didn't want to say what field you nurse in instead of trying to say I was bullying you for a simple question. All seems rather an odd reaction to be asked about your profession as I said earlier I am quite open about mine as I have to say most other people seem to be too. Nothing wrong with not saying but there was a polite way to say you would rather not reveal it.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No it isn't and wouldn't have been about you if you had simply said you didn't want to say what field you nurse in instead of trying to say I was bullying you for a simple question. All seems rather an odd reaction to be asked about your profession as I said earlier I am quite open about mine as I have to say most other people seem to be too. Nothing wrong with not saying but there was a polite way to say you would rather not reveal it.
Julie.

I haven't said you were bullying me.. and I think you will find that I am am quite open about my profession.... I haven't said (rudely or otherwise) that I'd rather not reveal it.

What 'odd reaction'?

I suggest you read back over what's been said.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Exactly Honey.

There are doctors and there are doctors.
Since moving to this address..I was obliged to register with the nearest ''Health Centre'' it is a conveyor belt..10 mins consultation time..

At first ..they did the usual checks..and was told I had blood in my urine..and then told I had not..

My high blood pressure pills were changed for a cheaper option..without consulting me...and they would check my blood pressure in a month..

Since changing my pills I have a permanent headache..and I can feel my heart...

My eczema medication doesn't work anymore...I was told I would have to see a dermatologist..in a years time..

No..I don't have confidence in ''Doctors''
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 04:56 PM

Julie.

I haven't said you were bullying me.. and I think you will find that I am am quite open about my profession.... I haven't said (rudely or otherwise) that I'd rather not reveal it.

What 'odd reaction'?

I suggest you read back over what's been said.
Pats, I think Julie made a simple mistake, as it was sue_arnold who said she was bullying you, not you.
But I have to say that I agree with Julie that you seem unwilling to say what field of nursing you work in. Which is fine, but better if you just said that you would rather not post that information.
Pats
Lincolnshire

23-04-2014, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Pats, I think Julie made a simple mistake, as it was sue_arnold who said she was bullying you, not you.
But I have to say that I agree with Julie that you seem unwilling to say what field of nursing you work in. Which is fine, but better if you just said that you would rather not post that information.
Where have I actually 'refused' to give any information?

And why are people so determined to make this personal?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 05:08 PM

Where have I actually 'refused' to give any information?

And why are people so determined to make this personal?
Where have I said you have refused to give any information? I said you seemed unwilling, but that was fine.

Noone is making this personal. Julie asked you what field of nursing you are in and you have declined to comment. Which I said already is fine, as that's your choice.

So let's just move back to the thread topic.
Pats
Lincolnshire

23-04-2014, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Where have I said you have refused to give any information? I said you seemed unwilling, but that was fine.

Noone is making this personal. Julie asked you what field of nursing you are in and you have declined to comment. Which I said already is fine, as that's your choice.

So let's just move back to the thread topic.
I obviously missed Julie's post where she asked me that.

And yes let's.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top