Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 11:37 AM

Who listens to the Radio?

and what do you listen to?
Do other people still listen to plays etc? Or are you a Radio 1 fan?

I listen to - Radio 5 - phone-ins and news.
Radio 4 plays and the News Quiz (love that)
Radio 7 drama.

(all on i-player)

not music - I prefer to listen to cds
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 12:43 PM

Re: Who listens to the Radio?

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
and what do you listen to?
Do other people still listen to plays etc? Or are you a Radio 1 fan?

I listen to - Radio 5 - phone-ins and news.
Radio 4 plays and the News Quiz (love that)
Radio 7 drama.

(all on i-player)

not music - I prefer to listen to cds
I listen to the radio alot but it's only the one station ....... Talksport, not because of the sport, I mainly listen to it for the discussion phone-in programmes. I've got 3 DAB radios and I wouldn't be without them as you can get Talksport on them.

The other station I would like to listen to is LBC but we can't get that station out here unfortunately and you can't get it on DAB. You can listen to it through Sky as well as Talksport but I don't want to listen to the radio in the sitting room.

Years ago I used to listen to the plays on Radio 4 but it's phone in programmes I love now.
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 01:16 PM

In the morning at home, I either listen to Radio 5 Live or, if we've had snow, BBC Three Counties Radio for the travel reports. I find Radio 4 a little too serious that early in the day! I like a lot of the music Chris Evans plays on Radio 2, but can't stand him .

In the car driving to and from work, I usually listen to Classic Gold on AM. Great oldies, and the crackly AM makes them sound just the way they used to!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 01:20 PM

I always switch on to Radio 5 Live when I go to bed, usually listen to it for a few hours before I eventually drop off to sleep...
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 01:38 PM

We have our own local station here, . .it's only a mile from where I live, . . I used to listen to it a lot but they've gone all sporty, they keep rabbiting on about sport all the time.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 02:05 PM

I'd be lost without my radio
I used to really enjoy Radio5 but I think it had dumbed down dramatically and doesn't cater for its true audience now (The average age of listeners is 47 ... yet the majority of the presenters try to sound as though they are adressing late teenagers)
So, Radio 4 and Radio 7 for me, most of the time
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 02:10 PM

Interesting replies - I wonder if Radio 4 knows its traditional audience isn`t listening?
With Radio 5 I find the individual presenter makes a lot of difference. Like Shelagh Fogarty is so mumsy and Richard Bacon is a somewhat dim Bloke. Nicky Cambell seems fairly intelligent.
I find the plays on Radio 4 are pretty awful these days - they seem to go for politically correct and obscure most of the time.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 03:07 PM

Oh dear DM, we differ on radio I hardly ever listen to it but love the music on youtube and other internet sites.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 03:10 PM

Maybe some of you would like this.
http://www.pandora.com/#/

Takes a minute to load.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
Maybe some of you would like this.
http://www.pandora.com/#/

Takes a minute to load.
The link shows a message saying they no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top