Join for free
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 07:43 AM

Re: Jeremy Clarkson

Him with the ego bigger than his head !!
Yuk - wish he'd sod off .......

This is not a reply to above post - just me comment
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 07:48 AM

I think he's OK. All he is doing is to call a spade a spade and say things that many of us would like to say. Leave him alone and get shot of the PC brigade loonies.
Itzliz
United kingdom...
Itzliz is female 

03-05-2014, 07:49 AM

Its not the first time he insulted someone , i took offence when he insulted the pensioners for protesting the way there petitions where been eaten up with inflation..He's defiantly loosing the plot an thinks he cannot be replaced ....ugh... we all can Jeremy
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 07:57 AM

Charmless......................to a T
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I think he's OK. All he is doing is to call a spade a spade and say things that many of us would like to say. Leave him alone and get shot of the PC brigade loonies.
I can't agree perhaps because I am a disabled woman a section of the community he has targeted and been quite vile about.

When he targets white middle class males I might see it differently but he picks on people not like himself in a cowardly way.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 08:06 AM

What annoys me by this case of Jeremys mishap with words. Is the fact
that it was not broadcast. Someone gave the tape to the newspapers and
they are the ones who have stoked it up against him. No one would have
known what he had said had they not double crossed the BBC with a
leak to the Newspapers.
You wouldn't be having this post.
Everyone who knows of Jeremy know he is a big mouthed Yorkshire man
and with tongue in cheek most of the times. He said something by mistake
and we all do that at sometimes. Only because it is him does it get in the news. I have said a few things in my time I wish I had shut my gob on but I didn't get hung drawn and quartered.
In Yorkshire there are still a lot of words around that are now poison to
say but when you were brought up with them floating around its hard to
remember you don't say things that you feel out loud.
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 08:32 AM

Come off it. Clarkson is not some thick Yorkshire peasant; he is a highly intelligent and well educated man who has made a fortune out of being as overtly right wing and - yes - racist as he possibly can and get away with it. No one - even the aforementioned 'thick Yorkshire peasant' - is in any doubt as to the sheer offensiveness of the 'n-word'. He said it because he knows he is too valuable to the BBC for them to do anything about it, and he enjoys pushing his luck - after all with £14M paid to him last year alone, and with mates like Cameron, he knows he doesn't have to worry about any consequences. I live in South Yorkshire and I don't hear the folk round my way ever using the 'n-word' in their day to day language, or 'accidentally' forgetting. He is no favourite son of Yorkshire, and has largely forgotten where he comes from . He's only 'sorry' because he has been found out - and whoever exposed him deserves praise, not condemnation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by manasota ->
Come off it. Clarkson is not some thick Yorkshire peasant; he is a highly intelligent and well educated man who has made a fortune out of being as overtly right wing and - yes - racist as he possibly can and get away with it. No one - even the aforementioned 'thick Yorkshire peasant' - is in any doubt as to the sheer offensiveness of the 'n-word'. He said it because he knows he is too valuable to the BBC for them to do anything about it, and he enjoys pushing his luck - after all with £14M paid to him last year alone, and with mates like Cameron, he knows he doesn't have to worry about any consequences. I live in South Yorkshire and I don't hear the folk round my way ever using the 'n-word' in their day to day language, or 'accidentally' forgetting. He is no favourite son of Yorkshire, and has largely forgotten where he comes from . He's only 'sorry' because he has been found out - and whoever exposed him deserves praise, not condemnation.
Completely agree ! this forgetting and saying offensive words doesn't wash with me at all. It's been offensive since the 70s anyone under 100 would not be accidentally slipping the n word into conversations.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
What annoys me by this case of Jeremys mishap with words. Is the fact
that it was not broadcast. Someone gave the tape to the newspapers and
they are the ones who have stoked it up against him. No one would have
known what he had said had they not double crossed the BBC with a
leak to the Newspapers.
You wouldn't be having this post.
Everyone who knows of Jeremy know he is a big mouthed Yorkshire man
and with tongue in cheek most of the times. He said something by mistake
and we all do that at sometimes. Only because it is him does it get in the news. I have said a few things in my time I wish I had shut my gob on but I didn't get hung drawn and quartered.
In Yorkshire there are still a lot of words around that are now poison to
say but when you were brought up with them floating around its hard to
remember you don't say things that you feel out loud.
It has nothing to do with him being from Yorkshire - I hope.
Like a lot of celebs, he likes to shock ......Pathetic excuse of a man .....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 08:46 AM

This is a difficult one for me. I love Top Gear, have been twice, met all three presenters, and often laugh at Jezza's presenting, and his writing.

I credit Top Gear with making some very good friends, still on Facebook, and it actually helped me get through the death of my father in 2005, when I started watching it for the first time.

Yet sometimes I feel his behaviour inexcusable - like cheating on his wife, or things he's said - and I wouldn't defend him then.

His two colleagues have Twittered he is many things but not a racist. May went as far as saying he wouldn't work with one.

I've not seen the clip, so whether he said it or not, I can't say. I know much of the population despises him but he does have his diehard fans too.

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top