Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Bluerose
London UK
Bluerose is female 

19-06-2014, 10:45 AM

Re: IF LIVING ALONE...what are your priorities

I get up, shower, get dressed, turn on the computer, make coffee, and let the rest of the day take care of itself. Never lonely. Now the oldest of a large extended family, never short of a visitor or two. Shop online, pay bills, read a lot, go out for lunch two or three times a week. The flat gets a good clean once a month and a daily quick tidy - easy when your only clearing up after yourself. Tidy as you go, that’s my motto. Happier than I have ever been in my whole life. Don’t think I could live with someone else now. Like my peace, my candles, my wind chimes and my relaxation music. Flower-child at heart.

Best wishes everyone. Have a great day!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 01:54 PM

Great post Rose - you have a lovely life and its good you appreciate it - long may it continue
sandra
Bristol
sandra is female  sandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bluerose ->
I get up, shower, get dressed, turn on the computer, make coffee, and let the rest of the day take care of itself. Never lonely. Now the oldest of a large extended family, never short of a visitor or two. Shop online, pay bills, read a lot, go out for lunch two or three times a week. The flat gets a good clean once a month and a daily quick tidy - easy when your only clearing up after yourself. Tidy as you go, that’s my motto. Happier than I have ever been in my whole life. Don’t think I could live with someone else now. Like my peace, my candles, my wind chimes and my relaxation music. Flower-child at heart.

Best wishes everyone. Have a great day!
Sounds great Bluerose I second what Patsy says..
Bluerose
London UK
Bluerose is female 

20-06-2014, 01:39 AM

Thanks for nice comments, folks.

Born on the cusp of Capricorn and Aquarius, a fortune teller told me some time ago that I was born old and would grow young. I think that’s true.
sandra
Bristol
sandra is female  sandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bluerose ->
Thanks for nice comments, folks.

Born on the cusp of Capricorn and Aquarius, a fortune teller told me some time ago that I was born old and would grow young. I think that’s true.
Thats interesting...wonder what she would had said about me..I was born on the 7th Jan...I dont feel old and cant seem to relate to many people of my age ...who seem to accept They are now old !! ..Iwont accept it..have a good day !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 09:30 AM

Agree Sandra, even though me health is a problem, I don't want to give in and succumb.
I live amongst a lot of elderly and see that once a certain age is reached, they give into it - not for me, I will fight to the last, with dignity of course
sandra
Bristol

20-06-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Agree Sandra, even though me health is a problem, I don't want to give in and succumb.
I live amongst a lot of elderly and see that once a certain age is reached, they give into it - not for me, I will fight to the last, with dignity of course
Hiya Patsy...In your case it's deffo not ''if you cant beat em join em '' Wonder what that certain age you mention is...hope it dosn't creep up an bite me on the bum! . Seriously though...I've got a few aches an pains which I think is inevitable...but I think young ...keep up with technology...like I said before ...we live in a great age....when I here older people say...things like...''blimin computers ...I dont know and I dont want know'' I just dont understand it !! If the cloak of old age decends on me I will throw it off with all the Strength I can muster!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-06-2014, 10:03 AM

That's it gal -we're two of a kind, things will change in this respect - it is a different outlook now for sure - we do have those that are 'stuck' here - their choice, but we have a lovely lady in her late 80s, wont be seen without her lippy, nice outfit and always nice necklace or beads - my kinda gal !
I may not feel good - but I'm gonna look good
sandra
Bristol

20-06-2014, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
That's it gal -we're two of a kind, things will change in this respect - it is a different outlook now for sure - we do have those that are 'stuck' here - their choice, but we have a lovely lady in her late 80s, wont be seen without her lippy, nice outfit and always nice necklace or beads - my kinda gal !
I may not feel good - but I'm gonna look good
BRILLIANT!... Please give that gal my best wishes when you see her...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-06-2014, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by sandra ->
BRILLIANT!... Please give that gal my best wishes when you see her...
I will - I'm nowhere near that age - yet, more like yourself

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top