Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

29-06-2014, 05:40 PM

Re: Have You Ever Had Your Colours Done?

I had mine done back in about 1990 and I was an Autumn then. But I reckon as I have got older one or two colours that aren't Autumn look OK now, although moss green, brown and dull orange still look best.

I had my Style done as well. Dramatic Gamine apparently...
Annabelle
Tasmania Australia
Annabelle is female 

30-06-2014, 02:51 AM

I had mine done many years ago and found that I was pretty much wearing what suited me but a few surprises changed me a bit - Autumn too - it does make buying clothes quicker because I still look along racks and automatically pick things in my colours. Most things you put on match as well.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I already knew what coloured clothing suited ny skin tones but I had my colours done when I was at college, it was part of a fashion class. I'm NOT into fashion but this was one class that was more lackadaisical, lol.
An HR course I did included something about this, I didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

I just take the first T-shirt/trousers/ jacket/pullover off the pile and wear it, the idea of matching it with any other garments I am wearing has never occurred to me
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

30-06-2014, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Annabelle ->
I had mine done many years ago and found that I was pretty much wearing what suited me but a few surprises changed me a bit - Autumn too - it does make buying clothes quicker because I still look along racks and automatically pick things in my colours. Most things you put on match as well.
Yes, it does help with that..IF the fashionable colours for the year are 'your' colours, but isn't it annoying when you look along the racks and nothing is? It always happens when I need something new! Its all black or violent yellows..

Bruce honey, you are a man. I think that sums it up really! Mind you I think men in the public eye do have stylists to tell them stuff like this.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 09:48 AM

Never had my colours done, but always wanted to learn about colour therapy for healing purposes..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Never had my colours done, but always wanted to learn about colour therapy for healing purposes..
I'm still waiting for the road accident where the unfortunate victim calls for the colour therapist to be sent for urgently.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
An HR course I did included something about this, I didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

I just take the first T-shirt/trousers/ jacket/pullover off the pile and wear it, the idea of matching it with any other garments I am wearing has never occurred to me
I hardy match my clothing either, just said I like specific colours, lol
Annabelle
Tasmania Australia
Annabelle is female 

01-07-2014, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I'm still waiting for the road accident where the unfortunate victim calls for the colour therapist to be sent for urgently.
LOL! It just told me that LOL! is to short a message so again: LOL! LOL! LOL!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 11:14 PM

I guess Bruce and Annabelle know nothing about colour therapy.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I guess Bruce and Annabelle know nothing about colour therapy.
Well I believe in it even with colours to paint your wall with, for example I'd want a restful colour in certain rooms.
Don't they use specific colours when deciding prison walls, doctors offices, workplaces & whatnot? You know what I mean

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top