Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

03-07-2014, 01:34 PM

Re: A bit Sheep-ish

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
The very last thing I do, Marg, just before putting the varnish on, is to sign it. That means 'Case Closed.'
If you look carefully you will find it is signed as I usually do it, in the bottom right hand corner.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Margoletta ->
If you look carefully you will find it is signed as I usually do it, in the bottom right hand corner.
That is what prompted me to post that last comment...
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

03-07-2014, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
That is what prompted me to post that last comment...
...and here was I thinking it was because you wanted to have the last word...
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Margoletta ->
...and here was I thinking it was because you wanted to have the last word...
Moi?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 03:25 PM

Thanks for that Margoletta, i was surprised at the timescale, always felt i was dragging my heels with my drawings, not helped by the chairman at the art club telling me to loosen up and draw faster and free. Only done about five watercolors myself all turned out muddy, mind i didnt have a clue to what i was doing.
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

03-07-2014, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Thanks for that Margoletta, i was surprised at the timescale, always felt i was dragging my heels with my drawings, not helped by the chairman at the art club telling me to loosen up and draw faster and free. Only done about five watercolors myself all turned out muddy, mind i didnt have a clue to what i was doing.
Well the teacher wasn't wrong in some ways, I am sometimes worried that what I do is very controlled compared to when I was 18 and doing Art A level! As far as watercolours go, it is a more spontaneous form in any case, with oils they take a while to dry so you can fix problems by just wiping it off. No doing that with water colours! You get muddy colours in any medium by mixing too many together from different parts of the colour wheel.

But with anything one does be it drawing, painting or building a wall, you get better with practice. Knowing the techniques helps and any good book about learning to paint or draw will help with that. And regarding people looking at what you do, the idea is that it be critique - NOT criticism. When people tell you what could be improved in what you do, it helps you to develop your own inner sense of what you should do, so you can look at your work, and improve next time.

If you like drawing, have you ever come across a book called 'Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain'. It's quite interesting and helps you bring out your creative side. Basically by using your non-dominant hand.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top