Join for free
Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 >
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 02:08 PM

Re: Rolfe Harris

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I have 'no' interest in what people think of my stance on paedophiles and rapists, no interest at all.
You go ahead with your theories .......
If you have no interest in what people think of what you have taken the time to put on here, why bother sharing your opinions at all? Save yourself the wasted time of writing them as you know your own opinion already, and everyone else the wasted time of reading them and bothering to reply. Its a win-win
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Been abused myself and don't empathise or sympathise but I do recognise we cannot go on as we are, keeping children safe means we have to look at how we treat the abusers too.
And in the meantime - Tess, myself and anyone else has the right to condemn them
Its up to them in the know, to get treatment sorted out and in the meantime this crime goes on day after day, hour after hour !
Its not right at all for Mick, Manasaota or anyone else to tell us - how we 'should' think or feel. We will make no difference to the picture anyway
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 02:15 PM

And in the meantime - Tess, myself and anyone else has the right to condemn them
Its up to them in the know, to get treatment sorted out and in the meantime this crime goes on day after day, hour after hour !
Its not right at all for Mick, Manasaota or anyone else to tell us - how we 'should' think or feel. We will make no difference to the picture anyway
Its called expressing an opinion. That's what people on a discussion forum do - discuss issues and express opinions. I don't care what you 'think or feel'..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 02:21 PM

We can all think and feel what ever we want but we also all have a right to express those thoughts, I want to know what others think too, sometimes it changes my mind sometimes I change theirs, sometimes we just agree to differ.

On this subject what we have been doing isn't working so perhaps time to change how we deal with them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We can all think and feel what ever we want but we also all have a right to express those thoughts, I want to know what others think too, sometimes it changes my mind sometimes I change theirs, sometimes we just agree to differ.

On this subject what we have been doing isn't working so perhaps time to change how we deal with them.
Absolutely right !
Which is what we are doing - I don't care much for the way a certain post was written to put us in our place, its all about how someone articulates their view, when referring to another poster.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 02:29 PM

Absolutely right !
Which is what we are doing - I don't care much for the way a certain post was written to put us in our place, its all about how someone articulates their view, when referring to another poster.
I guess it's an emotive subject and people will get a bit hot about it and write things they don't mean to hurt but that do hurt. One of the problems with forums versus real life where we can see what the other person is feeling.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by manasota ->
Fully understand people who have suffered abuse will not sympathise with paedophiles. I don't have any sympathy myself. My only point is to deal with the issue objectively and from a risk management perspective. I think the issue of a 'cure' is debateable. There was an expert in their treatment called Ray Wyre (deceased now) who had significant success treating convicted paedophiles in prison, and set up a treatment unit (I think in Gloucester prison). But its like everything else in this tory-cursed country; treatment costs money and they wont spend any on the poor, the ill, and the criminally inclined.
I agree Simon, the same problem arrises with what do we do with psychopathic child killers. They need to be contained to protect the innocent.

There is so much we have yet to learn about the workings of the human psyche and why some people have uncontainable desires (childhood trauma/chemical imbalance etc ) . One day we may know..

''No puppet master pulls the strings on high,
A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry predestinates the sinner or the saint ”.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 05:10 PM

I respect your opinions Patsy and I respect even more the fact that you express them whether I agree with them or not. That is the whole point of freedom of speech. If no-one was ever argued with or challenged, no-one would ever change their mind - gay sex would still be illegal, children would still work down mines, black people would still be enslaved and women would not be allowed to vote. All these positive changes happened because people had the freedom of speech to express unpopular ideas. Nobody is telling you how you should feel. We are just saying how we feel in the hope that you might be able to see our point of view as well.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-07-2014, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I respect your opinions Patsy and I respect even more the fact that you express them whether I agree with them or not. That is the whole point of freedom of speech. If no-one was ever argued with or challenged, no-one would ever change their mind - gay sex would still be illegal, children would still work down mines, black people would still be enslaved and women would not be allowed to vote. All these positive changes happened because people had the freedom of speech to express unpopular ideas. Nobody is telling you how you should feel. We are just saying how we feel in the hope that you might be able to see our point of view as well.
Thanks Mick - appreciate your post - I wont post anymore on this subject, I'm too emotional to be objective - sincere apologies if I offended anyone .......
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Mick I like the idea that you are happy to agree to disagree. There are too many people out there ready to give their opinions with complete disregard to what others have to say.

What I will say is that if you are a victim of abuse then you will think differently from people who are making an opinion about it. You need to walk in someone's shoes before you can really know what abuse is like. It's torment that people live with for the rest of their lives. You can talk about it until the cows come home, but reading about it and experiencing it is a completely different matter.

Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top