Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 11:36 AM

Re: Cameron the con artist.

Originally Posted by seacroft ->
I must say I agree with you Plantman.
I dont feel the prime minister is a con man rather has he said yesterday he feels deeply about Britain.
Yes, he's had his hands tied by Clegg for so long but now he appears to be climbing off the fence.....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Yes, he's had his hands tied by Clegg for so long but now he appears to be climbing off the fence.....
No - its the immigrants that are climbing the fence
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
No - its the immigrants that are climbing the fence
Oh yeah!! got my wires crossed there!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Oh yeah!! got my wires crossed there!!
wires crossed - good un
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 07:07 PM

I don't think he should have mentioned his son in his speech. That's all I'm saying...
Artemis
USA
Artemis is female 

02-10-2014, 09:40 PM

Ahhh the Cloak and dagger world of politics. although this time it's British politics.

Though I am an American I shall dip my toes in the water and hope the sharks don't bite too hard. LOL

From the best of my understanding, you basically only have a choice between the Tories, UKIP, or Labour as the LIb-Dems are way behind and out of the current picture.

I see so many similarities between the fanatical Tea Party here in the US and the UKIP across the pond that it is just downright frightening. The make up of the supporters appear to be mostly white males over the age of 45, anti immigration, anti ethnic diversity, and wanting to cut particular benefits, while the main difference is the American Tea Party is composed of mostly wealthy supporters who desire to keep the wealth among their minority and the UKIP is comprised of mostly pensioners.

Here is a source to back up my post:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkin...lish-tea-party

Then we have Cameron and his party who are similar to the Republicans across the pond in that they appear to be more focused on cutting the taxes for above average wage earners and care less about everyone else.

Finally there is the Labour party and Miliband who failed miserably in his speech forgetting important points. BUT.....even given that he is a terrible orator, I find my political ideals and desires are much more in accordance with your Labour party at this point in time (left of center), and pretty much consider Cameron and Farage snakes in the grass akin to the likes of George W. Bush.

I believe the Labour party seems more concerned with social justice and equality for all similar to that of the Democratic party in the USA.

I shall now put on my helmet and await the responses. LMAO!
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 12:37 AM

There is a good rap on you tube - Cameron and parts of his speeches mixed up. Unfortunately, there is some strong language in the clip.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Artemis ->
Ahhh the Cloak and dagger world of politics. although this time it's British politics.

Though I am an American I shall dip my toes in the water and hope the sharks don't bite too hard. LOL

From the best of my understanding, you basically only have a choice between the Tories, UKIP, or Labour as the LIb-Dems are way behind and out of the current picture.

I see so many similarities between the fanatical Tea Party here in the US and the UKIP across the pond that it is just downright frightening. The make up of the supporters appear to be mostly white males over the age of 45, anti immigration, anti ethnic diversity, and wanting to cut particular benefits, while the main difference is the American Tea Party is composed of mostly wealthy supporters who desire to keep the wealth among their minority and the UKIP is comprised of mostly pensioners.

Here is a source to back up my post:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkin...lish-tea-party

Then we have Cameron and his party who are similar to the Republicans across the pond in that they appear to be more focused on cutting the taxes for above average wage earners and care less about everyone else.

Finally there is the Labour party and Miliband who failed miserably in his speech forgetting important points. BUT.....even given that he is a terrible orator, I find my political ideals and desires are much more in accordance with your Labour party at this point in time (left of center), and pretty much consider Cameron and Farage snakes in the grass akin to the likes of George W. Bush.

I believe the Labour party seems more concerned with social justice and equality for all similar to that of the Democratic party in the USA.

I shall now put on my helmet and await the responses. LMAO!
That would be the clueless lot who got us into our current mess and would return us there at breath-taking speed if they get in again. Three cheers for Tony Blair, loved and wanted for the top job by the folk of USA, the biggest self pocket filler and conman of the lot.
Labour is dead alas RIP . (Ex lifetime Labour Supporter)

As for the UK, you can keep that as well, it sucks big time.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
That would be the clueless lot who got us into our current mess and would return us there at breath-taking speed if they get in again. Three cheers for Tony Blair, loved and wanted for the top job by the folk of USA, the biggest self pocket filler and conman of the lot.
Labour is dead alas RIP . (Ex lifetime Labour Supporter)

As for the UK, you can keep that as well, it sucks big time.
I agree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph, but would argue that however bad things are here sometimes politically it is still the finest country in the world in which to live and is admired globally.

However, I would be interested to know where you are off to that you consider to be better...
seacroft
york
seacroft is male  seacroft has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I agree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph, but would argue that however bad things are here sometimes politically it is still the finest country in the world in which to live and is admired globally.

However, I would be interested to know where you are off to that you consider to be better...
Well said I fully agree.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top