Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Deannie
Warren USA
Deannie is female  Deannie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 08:17 PM

Wednesday question

If you could travel back in time what time period would you like to visit and why? Deannie
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 08:28 PM

Re: Wednesday question

Berlin in the 1930's. Visit the real Kitkat Club, see Sally Bowles (Jean Ross) etc. and generally observe the world that Christopher Isherwood wrote about.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 08:38 PM

Got a feeling we've had this thread before, only the question was would we prefer to go back, or forward in time?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 08:46 PM

Hi Deanne ,although it was very hard life in the 1800s i would dearly love to go back to see my ancestors of that time .i never knew my Grandparents So i think perhaps from 1870 to1942
.Ive found a lot out about them in research but theres some questions id like to ask .

What years would you like to back to Deannie?
Deannie
Warren USA
Deannie is female  Deannie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Hi Deanne ,although it was very hard life in the 1800s i would dearly love to go back to see my ancestors of that time .i never knew my Grandparents So i think perhaps from 1870 to1942
.Ive found a lot out about them in research but theres some questions id like to ask .

What years would you like to back to Deannie?
I think that I would go back to the 1800 also. I never knew my Great great grandparents and I would like to see what there life was like and meet them. So if I could go back in time I would go back to that time period and also love to meet some of my favorite poets too. Deannie
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 09:04 PM

Maybe the time of Pythagoras and the great Greek mathematicians.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 09:35 PM

The 1930's for me every time, very stylish decade, great design in most things and not a bit of plastic anywhere.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
The 1930's for me every time, very stylish decade, great design in most things and not a bit of plastic anywhere.
Bakelite ?????
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 09:45 PM

I wouldn't mind going back as far as the bronze or iron age, just to see what it was actually like for us in those days (although I would have to be a man).
I think the age we are living in is actually the best age ever so far and we are lucky to be living in it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Bakelite ?????
Well Bakelite yes, but much more stylish than plastic, it only came in the one colour-black, and it broke or cracked easily enough so you could chuck it in the bin no problem, you just had the one bin then and you chucked everything into it, that was another good thing about the 30's, now you have about four different bins blocking up the front of your house and the worlds still no cleaner than it was, that in itself tells you how much trash we produce today.
Many items made from bakelite are sought after as antiques today, can't see anyone wanting any plastic bags, basins or buckets in the future Rena.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top