Join for free
Marki
East Midlands -UK
Marki is male  Marki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 02:11 PM

Modern Policing

I came by a FB community not far from where i live. The town has some problems with an adult/s taking an unusual interest in children - the community is outraged that the police appear to be avoiding taking the time to attend a community meeting facilitated by the towns Mayor.

The issue i have understanding is what ever has happened to the police building relationships with communities? Surely trust between the police and public plays a major part in solving crime?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 02:33 PM

Re: Modern Policing

Couple of things happening from what I see here, lack of officers and unwilling to get involved. I can't understand where it all went wrong, used to be we respected them.
Marki
East Midlands -UK
Marki is male  Marki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Couple of things happening from what I see here, lack of officers and unwilling to get involved.
It is obvious to me the latter of the two would be about right but unable to understand why.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 03:08 PM

Could be a multitude of reasons, lack of confidence in the courts ? too much paper work ? lack of support from management ? or many others .....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 04:20 PM

There have been too many instances in recent years of the police not living up to the high standards we have a right to expect of them. Maybe it's a reflection of the society we live in.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
There have been too many instances in recent years of the police not living up to the high standards we have a right to expect of them. Maybe it's a reflection of the society we live in.
I really believe that
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 04:51 PM

It is possible surely these adults have already been investigated and found to be innocent. Joining a community meeting baying for blood thankfully isn't 21st century style of policing. Surely these kinds of meetings are better for probles with boy racers or anti social behaviour not to try some adults by crowds,

Originally Posted by Marki ->
I came by a FB community not far from where i live. The town has some problems with an adult/s taking an unusual interest in children - the community is outraged that the police appear to be avoiding taking the time to attend a community meeting facilitated by the towns Mayor.

The issue i have understanding is what ever has happened to the police building relationships with communities? Surely trust between the police and public plays a major part in solving crime?
Marki
East Midlands -UK

30-10-2014, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
It is possible surely these adults have already been investigated and found to be innocent. Joining a community meeting baying for blood thankfully isn't 21st century style of policing. Surely these kinds of meetings are better for probles with boy racers or anti social behaviour not to try some adults by crowds,
Im not sure what has led you to believe a lynch-mob lays in wait for the Police person but my understanding is that they are looking for assurances from the very people that are charged with ensuring their children's safety.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 05:00 PM

I didn't mean the police - I meant the adult/s in question, why would the police participate in a trial by a mob, which is what it sounds like.

Originally Posted by Marki ->
Im not sure what has led you to believe a lynch-mob lays in wait for the Police person but my understanding is that they are looking for assurances from the very people that are charged with ensuring their children's safety.
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 05:43 PM

I've seen such a thread on many forums and also discussed the issue with many people and of all ages. As an estimated statistic the public no longer support the Police by about 9 to 1. This is mainly due to the appearance that they target minor incidents of generally law abiding people, but allow persistent perpetrators off with a caution or even a wrap on the knuckles. Is this a philosophy of "why bother targeting people that cannot or will not pay the fines anyway?"

Of the incident in question the Police may have been unable to discuss the issue in a public forum due to undercover operations. Just a thought. If not police liaison officers should be available for such concerns.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top