Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mila
Lincoln, UK
Mila is female 

01-11-2014, 01:04 PM

Does this look like a good buy?

I use Wowcher now and again when I have a need or a bit of money. I just bought two full sets of king sized bedding for £28! Now they have sent a link to a little tablet and to be honest it looks quite good but I'm not techy.

Could someone have a look and see if it would be good value as I don't really understand specs. I just want to be able to use it to browse and chat on here really and keep my laptop for the heavier duty surfing.

To me at £40 instead of £125 it's quite a bargain. thank you

http://www.wowcher.co.uk/email-deals...et_rid=2018076
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 01:08 PM

Re: Does this look like a good buy?

I wouldn't really know, but I always imagine these online voucher companies wouldn't support rubbish products. I've always been happy with anything I've purchased. Hope it works out for you and you enjoy using it
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 01:13 PM

I can't see a make-name of the tablet so personally I would be wary of purchasing it myself
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 01:47 PM

Looks identical to the one we bought from argos - think it was £99.99 and to be honest wouldn't now we have tried it be paying more than a tenner for it. Absolutely useless.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 01:49 PM

Why don't you see if there have been any reviews?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 12:24 PM

I don't know what you pay in the UK but if this is cheap then you get what you pay for.

They save money on screen resolution, memory and camera quality.

This machine has only 500MB Ram and 8Gb storage which is about half of what you get normally.

The normal price they quote is more than you would pay for a 7" Google Nexus or Asus (here) both of which have much better specs than those quoted. I would be wary of it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 02:31 PM

I generally believe that most of those things that are being offered at such heavily discounted prices are offered because they are not as good as one might think, and consequently are not selling as well as hoped. But maybe I'm just a cynic...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I generally believe that most of those things that are being offered at such heavily discounted prices are offered because they are not as good as one might think, and consequently are not selling as well as hoped. But maybe I'm just a cynic...
If you are a cynic then so am I
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If you are a cynic then so am I
I'll make it three
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 05:27 PM

...sorry Mila that's my view too. 'You get what you pay for ' as they say.
I like to buy a reputable brand from a reputable company and I research the prices too (so I have a good idea of the value and what I should be paying ) then if it all goes wrong there is a come back

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top