Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

05-11-2014, 12:07 PM

Re: Missing Cats. Epidemic?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Surely the fact that you able reason that and then write it down makes you 'higher up the ladder' than other animals on this planet? That's evolution for you.
A sensible comment!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 12:14 PM

If faced with a hungry tiger I wonder how high up the ladder we would find we really are...
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
A sensible comment!
My mindset is obviously different from yours. That doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things though, we're all entitled to our opinions here
Marki
East Midlands -UK
Marki is male  Marki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 06:16 PM

Wow, research on the fur trade throws up some interesting info.

The tales of cats being stolen for fur are not a recent phenomenon. Back in the 1970s a popular children's book was "The Hunting of Wilberforce Pike" featuring a cat thief stealing pets and strays for their fur. It has long been believed that a cat fur trade exists in Britain, possibly supplying continental markets.
http://messybeast.com/cat-fur.htm
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

08-11-2014, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Marki ->

No cat should be stolen for its fur, but I don't have a problem with unwanted cats being humanely put down and their fur being used.
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 08:48 PM

I've had cats for years and all have died from old age, apart from one. He did have a liking for the farmer's white doves and I believe he met his end as a result of that, although said farmer didn't admit to it when I asked him if he'd seen him.

Sometimes, cats unfortunately, tend to be their own worst enemy by roaming and I would never keep one indoors. Alice, (avatar), was a roamer and a good hunter until we moved house and now, she's a home-lover, thank goodness.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I have a mightily strong feeling of deja vu…You said much the same a couple of years ago.
Indeed. I recognised the style at the outset, so obvious.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 09:38 PM

Just read in our local rag that 24 cats have gone missing from Peasdown St. John near Bath! Two women in Bath reported seeing men trying to put a cat in a bag!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Marki ->

Yes Marki, dogs are used for this as well. I have seen articles of them being skinned alive. . . . how sick can some humans get.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Just read in our local rag that 24 cats have gone missing from Peasdown St. John near Bath! Two women in Bath reported seeing men trying to put a cat in a bag!
Don't forget cats are also used by unscrupulous people to train greyhounds.(and have been for a very long time to my knowledge - but that is another tale)

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/an...123-2y2hg.html

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top