Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 09:57 AM

Re: Tesco

Well the devotion of some folk to one supermarket with nothing good to say about others reminds me of the supporters of our football teams.

At the big and over powerful end we have Tesco closely pursued by Asda Atheletic, Morrisons United and Sainsbury City.

The class acts Waitrose Wanderers and Marks and Spencer Albion just outside the group of front runners .

Next we have those struggling to maintain a place in the top flight Co-op Rangers and Iceland Rovers.

Finally those clubs cleverly run on a shoe string striving to rise to the top flight. Spar Wednesday, Lidl Palace, Aldi Villa and Netto Academicals.

All have their supporters; all have their detractors.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 11:41 AM

Its funny how a store fairs better in one place than another.

As my husband works in Morrisons and we have 10% discount on everything that we buy from there we do use it quite often. But that does not stop us going to Aldi or Sainsburys, we go were the offers are.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 12:34 PM

I tend to factor in petrol cost, some bargain become rather expensive if you have to drive to get them. Morrisons is next to where I work so I pop in for end of day bargains sometimes, Tesco delivers for less than a pound so I use them for main shopping.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

04-11-2014, 03:29 PM

I like Tesco it suits my needs, and I wouldn't wish to shop anywhere else.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 04:10 PM

When I lived down south, I never used Tesco because there were plenty of other shops. Here in N.Aberdeenshire, we're gradually getting a better variety of shops so I'm pleased to be spending less and less in Tesco..

I did look into Tesco this morning because neither Aldi nor Lidl had any Cous cous. While there, I looked in the reduced pile.... There was a PART pack of Benecol cholesterol lowering drinks. Cost £3.76 for 6 drinks - "Reduced" price for 4 - £3.18 That's what I call a bargain - NOT!
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2014, 02:10 PM

I tried Morrisons this morning rather than my normal haunt of Tesco. I needed to go to B&Q and Morrisons is next door, so thought why not. It was okay and they had huge numbers of bargains.
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 08:07 AM

lol,different as usual,ive worked my way through the big three here and im not impressed with any of them,ive then tried lidls/aldis,ok for fresh veg and fruit but thats about it for me,quite expensive i thought considering i didnt know what half of it was.
shopping there was like being on the generation game.

then i stumbled on a hidden away "Farmfoods" shop,expecting a iceland type job bleugh! and surprisingly its way better than all of them,excellent deli,fresh bread everyday and the "fresh to frozen" stock is excellent,everything is full of taste.excellent tasty veg,lamb,steaks,even the bacon,(and thats very hard to find, frozen yet tasteful bacon, mostly its all bacon shaped salt) and also quite a bit cheaper weekly food bill compared to the others.
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 01:24 PM

I went to Morrisons again this week, but it's just not as good as Tesco. The carpark is a little tight, you have to wait for a trolley, the isles are small and untidy, the staff are not as knowledgeable about what the store sells and you have to wait ages to pay at the counters.

Obviously I can only compare my local Morrisons to my experiences of many Tescos stores around the country, but Tescos always tops out.

So even though I have to drive a bit further it'll be Tesco's again next week.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 04:26 PM

I use a variety of supermarkets, all within a convenient radius, apart from Tesco. That has been off my list for a long time.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I use a variety of supermarkets, all within a convenient radius, apart from Tesco. That has been off my list for a long time.
BoyRacer crops up on at least one other forum that I used to frequent. He is a one man propaganda machine for all things Tesco.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top