Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 07:09 AM

Re: Someone is rich

Where do you get the 10% discount cards from, I thought they had stopped doing this years ago?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2010, 11:41 AM

Is it too much money ??? Well as in many things the answer is yes and no!!!

Yes, if all the winner does is spend it on drugs and fast cars / women as we have seen with a recent winner (Now broke and wanting his old job on the bins back)

No, if the winner spends it wisely and tries to improve the lot of his / her fellow humans (albeit with a few indulgences themselves)

If it was me I would put all the money into an investment trust and then form a board of directors (I would be the CEO of course) the trust would invest in small to medium size companies that employed people primarily in the UK and who had a product or service which was worth investing in.

In common with most companies a small percentage would be donated to British charities which worked in Britain but no donations to political parties. I would have the final say on which charities were selected.

Some of the firms it invested in would fail, but many would not and the people who work in those companys would benefit from my lottery win day in day out forever (What is more they would never know about it)

The Marquis of Bristol could have done that (He inherited much more than £84 million when his father died) instead he fritted it away on drugs and debauchery. Thankfully he's dead now!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2010, 12:01 PM

Put your money on a horse if you feel lucky, you won't win a fortune but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing it was your choice, win or lose. I always think of the lottery as a very rare disease, only one in so many million get it and what happens after that is unknown territory.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2010, 12:03 PM

When I saw the thread title I thought the subject was gonna be about the civil servants.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top