Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2015, 12:19 PM

Re: Started brick cleaning

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Alice if I try and have a day of, my better half "er indoors" will find me something to do anyway.

Just got the huge front drive to do next when the weather warms up a bit

It just goes to show that a little bit of attention to a property makes all the difference, not like the previous owners and how they left it.

Did you see the bathroom videos?

D Lady

I should have got the T50 patio cleaner as well but Ideal TV program people didn't send it, so now in dispute with them.

Promised before christmas and never came, so they have 10 working days to get it to me . failing that I will have to send a warning letter giving them a further 14 days before I take legal action.

Yes you really do need wellies the muck that gets onto the legs is a real problem
You'll enjoy the patio cleaner

You have a lovely house btw !!
huggy
Scotland UK
huggy is female  huggy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2015, 01:13 PM

realspeed, that is some size of machine. Is it what you would call a boy's toy?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2015, 01:27 PM

Huggy

I had it when I owned a boarding kennels and bought it with me when I moved.

TY DL
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2015, 03:55 PM

Takes your mind off Ebola and parking problems, perhaps a video might help us all.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2015, 05:58 PM

from this as the bathroom was

to now, the ledge above the toilet has now been grouted but left went video taken in case we needed to get to the cistern

This was just one of our "indoor" projects since we moved in
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2015, 06:19 PM

You've done a fabulous job RS !! It's great to have befores and afters, as not always easy to remember what things were like, after doing all the hard work !!

You have a steady hand with that video camera of yours !!

Do you mind me asking where you got the vanity unit from that the sink sits in? Or did it all come together?

My OH had to make one for his sink as we couldn't find anything appropriate, and although it's not bad it could be a little better.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

01-01-2015, 06:30 PM

I have a local plumber who arranged and did everything. He arranged for the tiler and electrician, as well as purchasing everything for us after our approval.

He also did the new boiler and sorted out replacing radiators which meant 2 heated towel rails, one you see in video the other is in our en-suite. removing and replacing one that leaked at the joint and totally taking out another. That is not to even mention removing 4 tv aerials off the roof and putting up this latest version

We tend to use local tradesmen against national companies because we know we can call on them again if needed and get the same people back in who did the work.

Another project was one of the spare bedrooms

From this 1950's look

to this

I hate to think of the cost of revamping the house inside
This would include replacing internal door lock/catches and a lot of work on the windows so they opened properly as well as new carpets and beds and bedding.

Oh the bottom picture was all my OH's work.

B the way when we first started going out together we had nothing, in fact my wife owed money on her car.
Everything we have now is earned the hard way with work and long hours, before anyone thinks all this was given to us
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2015, 07:37 PM

Your bathroom is very impressive. I want to have mine dunnup sometime this year and this is quite inspiring. What a nice neat job.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

01-01-2015, 11:20 PM

Rachel

Sent you a Private message for your eyes only
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

01-01-2015, 11:24 PM

All this and a new car, can't be bad being retired

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top