Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 09:25 AM

Re: Page three scrapped

If we are now onto naturists I have never understood why that man who wants to wander around naked keeps getting arrested. I can't understand who would take so much offense they would call the police if they saw him walking with his rucksack not doing a soul any harm really.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

23-01-2015, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If we are now onto naturists I have never understood why that man who wants to wander around naked keeps getting arrested. I can't understand who would take so much offense they would call the police if they saw him walking with his rucksack not doing a soul any harm really.
Julie, it's lovely to talk to you, the problem is he is not considering the fact that he is subjecting people who do not want to be naturists to things they do not want to see, also there is the aspect that children would see him and be very shocked. I can understand the law's position on this one. Just because I want to behave in some unconventional way does not give me the right to impose it onto others.
best regards bob
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 10:19 AM

I have to admit if I saw him wandering up the high street I'd be pretty gobsmacked . Especially in this weather

I do think that it is taking naturism to the extreme. It's great if you are so liberated, but it's not for me.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Bob. Naturist saunas? How much actual "eye contact" is engaged in? .

I'd be mortified sitting with folk with their dangly bits on show
Excuse me for interrupting this serious conversation, but I nearly spat out my coffee when I read your post !! You're a tonic !!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
Excuse me for interrupting this serious conversation, but I nearly spat out my coffee when I read your post !! You're a tonic !!
Sorry Marion, but some things just have to be said
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=littlebob;597521]This is a matter that I have wrestled with, for some time,
Men are visually stimulated and find the female form one of the most beautiful things that they ever look at. I have been to lots of naturist saunas in the UK and abroad, I will never get tired of admiring your beauty ladies, I find older women even more attractive, I have discussed this with people much more educated than me, in front of barb, see is pleased but finds it strange.
Some women however, find pictures like these offensive and degrading. They feel that such images should not be on public display and show concern over the effects these images have on young women, say their own daughters. These ladies have even said on television that in 2015 this sort of thing should stop particularly as women have achieved so much in society and shown they are equal to men.
I am now of the opinion that the women who find this objectional are right. Women should not be shown for male titllation in public newspapers. They must be seen as equals and such pictures do nothing to give women credibility. Barb says I have changed.[/QUOTE]

Hi LB

It's quite a revelation how much we do change in our opinions as we get older! I don't find page 3 objectional, I never look at it, and my views aren't that strong, but as you say LB, it's all about women being seen as equals, so that they have respect.

I'm not sure if all garages have changed, but when I took my car to be MOT'd last week, I noticed that there were no pin ups on the walls. I later thought that may be it's because the owner's wife works there. May be someone can let me know their experiences of garages - year's ago pin ups were in every garage - just wondered if times have changed or is it just the garage I go to.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by littlebob ->
Julie, it's lovely to talk to you, the problem is he is not considering the fact that he is subjecting people who do not want to be naturists to things they do not want to see, also there is the aspect that children would see him and be very shocked. I can understand the law's position on this one. Just because I want to behave in some unconventional way does not give me the right to impose it onto others.
best regards bob
I am not sure children are shocked, we teach them to be shocked, to them it is just curious and sometimes funny.

I think us adults are the ones with problems and we project that onto children.

My stance on it is as long as someone is not threatening me then what they are wearing or not isn't of consequence really. I think someone flashing for instance is a worry but someone just wandering around because they are more comfortable with no clothes would not worry me too much.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

23-01-2015, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Sorry Marion, but some things just have to be said
I'm afraid I could never be a naturist, even when my body was in good nick !! Mind you, true to most women, I didn't realise it was in good nick, until now when I have something to compare !!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-01-2015, 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=Diamond Lady;597656]
Originally Posted by littlebob ->
This is a matter that I have wrestled with, for some time,
Men are visually stimulated and find the female form one of the most beautiful things that they ever look at. I have been to lots of naturist saunas in the UK and abroad, I will never get tired of admiring your beauty ladies, I find older women even more attractive, I have discussed this with people much more educated than me, in front of barb, see is pleased but finds it strange.
Some women however, find pictures like these offensive and degrading. They feel that such images should not be on public display and show concern over the effects these images have on young women, say their own daughters. These ladies have even said on television that in 2015 this sort of thing should stop particularly as women have achieved so much in society and shown they are equal to men.
I am now of the opinion that the women who find this objectional are right. Women should not be shown for male titllation in public newspapers. They must be seen as equals and such pictures do nothing to give women credibility. Barb says I have changed.[/QUOTE]

Hi LB

It's quite a revelation how much we do change in our opinions as we get older! I don't find page 3 objectional, I never look at it, and my views aren't that strong, but as you say LB, it's all about women being seen as equals, so that they have respect.

I'm not sure if all garages have changed, but when I took my car to be MOT'd last week, I noticed that there were no pin ups on the walls. I later thought that may be it's because the owner's wife works there. May be someone can let me know their experiences of garages - year's ago pin ups were in every garage - just wondered if times have changed or is it just the garage I go to.
In areas the public are invited into you won't see any but some of the lads have them out the back. I can't say they ever bother me, I am usually more concerned with how much muck I have to clean out of the sink - swarfega may be good at getting grease off hands but it sets like concrete on porcelain sinks !
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

23-01-2015, 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=Julie1962;597664]
Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->

In areas the public are invited into you won't see any but some of the lads have them out the back. I can't say they ever bother me, I am usually more concerned with how much muck I have to clean out of the sink - swarfega may be good at getting grease off hands but it sets like concrete on porcelain sinks !
Thanks for the observation Julie - I remember swarfega well, when I worked with my dad. Lovely stuff !! You've brought me back some memories

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top