Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 11:52 PM

Re: Earth without the Moon ....

One of the many unanswered questions concerning the moon landing, a NASA spokesman said they managed to get through the Van Allen radiation belt because the astronauts had special space suits on, the questioner than asked if they had these special suits back in the 1960’s why didn’t they lend a couple of them to the Japanese when they had the nuclear plant disaster in the 2011, they could have just walked in and turned the thing off. No answer, dismissed as another crank question from the conspiracy camp.
I wouldn’t mind hearing an answer to that one meself, seems they could get through radiation millions of times greater than anything we could ever have on Earth 46 years ago wearing special suits yet we have to let nuclear plants burn out by themselves as we daren’t go near them for fear of exposing ourselves to radiation in 2011, funny old world aint it.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 12:02 AM

Van Allen radiation is made from charged particles and not gamma radiation as you could find in a nuclear event. The exposure of Van Allen radiation to the Apollo astronauts was less than the safety levels given by the US Energy Commission, largely due to the screening in the craft's hull. Hence the perception that the question was 'crank'. Not sure where you get this 'millions of times greater' value from, because its not true.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes, she worries I may go out on the Tidal Pull.

Better lock you in tonight then Spitty, looks like a full moon. If you don't post tomorrow, we'll guess you escaped.
namibcheetah
Johannesburg, South Africa
namibcheetah is female 

10-02-2015, 09:23 PM

I trim my hair every two months on the night of the full moon. I was also very interested to discover that they pick the grapes on the night of the full moon at Twee Jongegeszellen wine farm in Tulbagh.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by namibcheetah ->
I was also very interested to discover that they pick the grapes on the night of the full moon at Twee Jongegeszellen wine farm in Tulbagh.
I guess they must have a good reason. Secretly making moonshine maybe?

Jongegeszellen sounds like a Dutch/German word for bachelor.
Am I correct?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 08:39 AM

It is interesting to note that a gathering of grape pickers are colloquially referred to as a "Bunch"
namibcheetah
Johannesburg, South Africa
namibcheetah is female 

13-02-2015, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I guess they must have a good reason. Secretly making moonshine maybe?

Jongegeszellen sounds like a Dutch/German word for bachelor.
Am I correct?
They use the grapes from that particular vineyard to create Borealis, a sparkling wine, which has won many awards. They did the sobrage for us which was really awesome.
Yes, your interpretation is correct.
I also trim my hair on the night of the full moon.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by namibcheetah ->
I also trim my hair on the night of the full moon.
Is there a particular reason for doing it on that night?

I usually trim mine when I think it's getting too long.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 11:05 PM

I don't know what a 'Buffalo Girl' is but it seems they come out to dance in the moonlight, as the song says.

"Buffalo gals, won’t you come out tonight?

Come out tonight, come out tonight?

Buffalo gals, won’t you come out tonight,

And dance by the light of the moon"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

"Buffalo gals, won’t you come out tonight?

Come out tonight, come out tonight?

Buffalo gals, won’t you come out tonight,

And dance by the light of the moon"

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top