Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 09:23 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk.

buenas dias all. Glad to hear you are feeling better Alan. That photo reminds me of my first view of Gibralter, it looked very ominous, dark and gloomy covered in cloud.

Another hot day here already and I'm off out in half an hour to meet up with others for coffee and a chat. Last night we were at a birthday party at a Spanish restaurant, it was amazing value, full 3 course a la carte menu for 7.95 euros. the restaurant was packed, not a spare table anywhere, inside and the two covered outside extensions were full. We were told it is the same at lunch time, but booking is necessary, I'm not surprised. Main meals for our party included steaks with whatever sauces you wanted, pork fillets with mustard sauce, lamb shanks, fish of all kinds, 5 menu pages to choose from, lovely starters, lovely main courses and scrumptious desserts. We will definitely be going there again.

Tomorrow is a big holiday here, everywhere closed but we have someone coming to set up a new TV system, they are English so don't mind working. The rest of Spain only the restaurants and touristy type shops will be open.

Have a pleasant day all.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 09:28 AM

Good morning
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 09:58 AM

Glad you were there to get that photo...is it common? I once got photos of a fog bank moving inland from the lake. Rather a strange sight to me.
Was a lovely day yesterday, warm enough that I sat out on the deck for a hour and a half. Got a bit of a red face from that. Forecast is rain for a few days now.
Hope everyone is well.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by ShirleyMarie ->
Glad you were there to get that photo...is it common? I once got photos of a fog bank moving inland from the lake. Rather a strange sight to me.
Was a lovely day yesterday, warm enough that I sat out on the deck for a hour and a half. Got a bit of a red face from that. Forecast is rain for a few days now.
Hope everyone is well.
Hi Shirley, I watched the wave form develop from the two approaching banks of sea mist and was amazed when it started to go upwards. When we got home I sent the photo to the meteorological office in the Isle of Man and the chap there said he'd never seen that before.
DerekP
Leeds, United Kingdom
DerekP is male  DerekP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 12:43 PM

Good afternoon All

Glad you're feeling better Alan. Don't overdo the shopping.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Only about a quarter mile Mups, hardly worth the effort really you may think but we have halved the size of the dwelling and managed to keep a really nice sized garden for the dogs so we are really pleased . ....

Sounds a good idea to me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top