Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2015, 10:10 AM

Re: Waiting

Depends if I am in a waiting room, if so, I wait and read short stories on my Kindle.

If waiting at home, I am sure to be in the loo when whosever I am waiting for arrives.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2015, 10:25 AM

I'm always on time , never late . I seem to spend my time waiting for others and I get really peeved, I don't understand lateness at all. When they eventually arrive , never an apology ! I often think I will arrive late for them but I'm still always there first !
Tweety
Scotland
Tweety is female  Tweety has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2015, 11:03 AM

It's the same with me Susan, I hate people who never turn up on time, I just think it's rude.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2015, 11:50 AM

There are lots of ways to speed things up if you hate waiting, you can pay extra postage for your parcel to be delivered so you don’t have to wait so long, you can order the dearest tickets for a show and a taxi to take you there so you don’t have to queue and wait for a bus, you can make an urgent appointment with a top Doctor if you have the readies and skip waiting lists, or like I do you can get to know your local bar staff well, slip them decent tips from time to time so you won’t have to wait for your drink, it’s all about money this waiting game, the more money you have the less waiting you will have to do.
I myself am a martyr to the waiting game, when the wife is out gallivanting around the shops with her sisters, I wait in the house to pay the coalman, the insurance man, the devil knows what man, the post that has to be signed for, not to mention waiting for me dinner until she decides to come home.
Sableline
Durham,uk
Sableline is male  Sableline has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 05:17 PM

Depends what I am waiting for. I hate waiting for someone who is going to come to the house gas engineer etc. Being a service engineer in my younger days I know that problems can arise with a job, or problems on the road. Waiting in NOOOOOO hate it. Hate queues with a vengeance.
If something is worth waiting for then all well and good.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 08:05 AM

In the countryside and coast observing nature my patience is endless, the mixture of sights sounds and fragrances slowly sink in to my brain and make me more alert to what is happening around me.

In urban situations less so, just want to get away as fast as possible, waiting for people to do the tasks they do, no again sooner rid the better for me.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 10:19 AM

Call me an Anorak but, I sometimes turn up early for my train so I can sit on the platform and watch the people and trains go by. It gets easier the older I get. With all the hustle and bustle, it's like watching the roundabout of life. I jumped off the day I retired.......
Sableline
Durham,uk
Sableline is male  Sableline has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 10:21 AM

Only waiting I like is for the fishing float to slide away or the rod end to twitch to indicate a bite. They are worth waiting for.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top