Join for free
Page 21 of 34 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 06:29 PM

Re: Ragdoll cats and kittens

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
If she does it again, I will.
Okey Cokey ...........
Woolie
Alberta Canada
Woolie is female 

11-05-2015, 07:40 PM

I have a rag doll cat. His name is Iggy and he is beautiful. We rescued him and he can't and doesn't go outside because he had been declawed....ugh! We also rescued a Siamese in the same condition. They love each other and play around the house. It's safe for them as they would not be able to protect themselves outside and are actually afraid of that big high blue "ceiling". if I could figure out how to post a photo, I would.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 07:49 PM

Is that what your vet says Wooli?
I'm more of a dog person, and don't know an awful lot about cats, but
I can hardly believe a cat can't go outside because he's had his dew claws removed. Dew claws are to catch and hold onto prey. They have other ways of defending themselves surely, eg. claws, teeth, legs to run with! What makes the vet think he's going to get into a fight every day anyway?
Dogs have theirs removed too, often along with their 'bits' too, but they still go out.
Have they never been able to even sit and enjoy the sunshine in their own garden for a little while?
Woolie
Alberta Canada
Woolie is female 

11-05-2015, 08:06 PM

When cats are declawed, which, by the way I think is horrible, they amputate their front toes, thus removing the whole front claw. They cannot climb or grip. iggy andCleo came to us like that and have never been outside and don't seem to want to. They will sit in an open doorway...that's as close as being outside that they seem to want. But they love the security of laying inside on a sunny window ledge. If I take them out, they freak out and slither on their bellies to get back inside. It's very sad, but that's how it is. I believe it's illegal to get them declawed now. Our last cat, with full claws, would actually run into the bathroom, jump on the counter and meow for me to clip her claws..she loved it.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 08:22 PM

Hi Kath, Ragdolls are not suppose to go out anyway, they are House Cats, my Cat Coco only goes in the garden with me on a Harness and Lead.

How much does Iggy weigh? because male Ragdolls are a lot bigger then the Females.

To put a photo on this forum, you will have to download your photo onto Photobucket first, then once you have done that, click on your photo in photobucket, then click on the last writing on the righthand side of the picture, it will come up copied, then go to this forum, click in this box, and go to edit and click paste.

GOT IT!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 08:52 PM

Thanks for explaining, that sounds a barbaric operation to me.
In dogs, their dew claws are a couple of inches up the inside of their front legs, nowhere near their paws and 'toes.'
Vets usually only remove rear dew claws (if there are any), over here.
Usually they are done within the first week of birth, as its a bigger operation later on.
Shows how much I know about cats!

P.S.. Can't Rag Dolls go out if they have still their dew claws ?
Woolie
Alberta Canada
Woolie is female 

11-05-2015, 11:31 PM

I'll try the photo....hmmmmmm....http://www.over50sforum.com/album.ph...pictureid=6115

That doesn't look right....but I'll try
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Woolie ->
I'll try the photo....hmmmmmm....http://www.over50sforum.com/album.ph...pictureid=6115

That doesn't look right....but I'll try
Hi Kath to post your photo from your profile photo album,
copy the photo as you did above, then go to your reply box and click on the symbol at the top of the box that looks like an envelope

A box will open, paste the copied photo code into the box and click ok.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 06:53 AM

Lovely Cats Kath, your Ragdoll is a completely different colour to mine.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 10:08 AM

Beautiful cats Woolie ........

Page 21 of 34 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top